Popular Tags: [View All]
Citizen Andrew
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pandemic is a big hit with our group.

It only plays with 5 though. It would be nice to have a Coop game for 6. I have read that the Wizard's Tower expansion really bumps up variety and makes for some tougher less obvious decisions than the base game.

We have gotten pretty good at Pandemic (we are now playing with 5 epidemics) is Castle Panic with Wizards tower comparable to that? Is it comparable to Pandemic w/ On the Brink?

I like the concept, theme, and 6-player play, but don't want a step down in challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
Very different game. Castle Panic, even with the expansion is much lighter than Pandemic. Without adding some of the suggested variants in the rulebook, the game is much easier too I would say. However, the first few games are going to be tough until you familiarize yourself with what all the monsters do, and what cards are in the deck. I still think it's a fun game

Also, have you seen the new Pandemic expansion Pandemic: In the Lab? It supports up to 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My family LOVES Castle Panic but in my opinion it is definitely as step down in challenge from Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Citizen Andrew
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, I will be considering 'In the Lab' but I would like another pure co-op. Is it relatively easy to increase the difficulty level? I don't mind a light game but don't want to figure it out after a few plays and have a super high win rate with no way to scale the challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
citizenx wrote:
Thanks for the replies, I will be considering 'In the Lab' but I would like another pure co-op. Is it relatively easy to increase the difficulty level? I don't mind a light game but don't want to figure it out after a few plays and have a super high win rate with no way to scale the challenge.

Can't speak to Castle Panic with the Wizard's Tower as I found my way here doing my own research.

That said, if you want another pure co-op that plays 6 I can wholeheartedly recommend Flash Point: Fire Rescue. The base game on it's own is a blast and there's plenty of expansions available to keep things interesting over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
That said, if you want another pure co-op that plays 6 I can wholeheartedly recommend Flash Point: Fire Rescue. The base game on it's own is a blast and there's plenty of expansions available to keep things interesting over time.

I own both Pandemic expansions, Flash Point with all expansions and Castle Panic with Wizards.

Each of these are different beasts and great co-ops. They have a different flavor and I do not feel like I'm playing the same game (Defenders of the Realm however feels way too similar to Pandemic).

Flash Point is probably a better choice for your next co-op game for 6 players. It plays well with 6. Castle Panic with Wizard's I've played 3 times, once with 2 players, twice with 6. The game is near impossible with 6. With 2 players we barely got in a victory at the last second, 6 players we lost in the first round both times.

Both are great games, watch video reviews of them.

EDIT: In the Lab makes Pandemic more thematic, but I'd say get another game before you get that expansion. Also, In the Lab is only 6 player by playing 2 teams. So that makes the game into a team game instead of a pure co-op (then again, the bio-terrorist also makes it not pure co-op).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.