4 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Changes Z-Man edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elena S
msg tools
Hi

are there many changes and corrections to the new Z-man edition? the typos and mistakes in the original drove us nuts

could you give me a few examples of corrections and changes. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The short answer is no. I don't have a list of differences, but the Z-Man version generates just as many questions as any other. Expect a reply referring to the "upcoming German rules" even though we don't know if we'll see those in English.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elena S
msg tools
oh no, the portal edition was a nightmare for us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BabyPower wrote:
Hi

are there many changes and corrections to the new Z-man edition? the typos and mistakes in the original drove us nuts

could you give me a few examples of corrections and changes. thanks

Most of the english text has been edited and now looks as though written by a native English-speaker. There are a couple of mistakes and omissions (I'm looking at you exorcists!), but they are minor. For example, an event card still reads "discard this card" when it shouldn't and the Soldier's character card has the text for Defense Plan and the Hunt reversed (surprisingly this was correct in the Portal edition!).

The rules have been rewritten and incorporate many of the explainations originally in the FAQ. There is however a major mistake, which has been identified and concerns the order in which things happen in the night phase.

So, if you're only referring to mistakes, typos and "exotic-looking" English, the Z-Man edition is an improvement.

What Cush1978 is referring to is many ambiguous rules and exceptions that remain unclear, even in the Z-Man edition. The new German rules (translated as I understand it from the new Polish rules), are supposed to clear many of these fine points, but even some of the people involved in the process cannot give definitive answers to issues presented in the rules forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.