• [+] Dice rolls
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird I've just paid for mine - got world pay confirmation email ... and yet the game is still sitting in my basket asking me to pay for it ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gérard Kraus
Luxembourg
Kayl
Luxemburg
flag msg tools
Sci-Fan: Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Radio (Radio ARA)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there going to be an Essen pickup option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cant see it mentioned on the site at this minute but I have read that elsewhere
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Maher
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Langy wrote:
Weird I've just paid for mine - got world pay confirmation email ... and yet the game is still sitting in my basket asking me to pay for it ...

Me too....but payment is confirmed so.... Fingers crossed!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.

I suspect this may have been one of the technical problems?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yess. Ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted the question on FB - got this reply

"Your orders have gone through OK. It's a glitch that the basket doesn't empty."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Langy wrote:

Exact same thing happened to me.

In my account the order is in status 'pending' with a button to 'pay' as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
I won this overtext in the Rummage-o-rama! Thanks Cate!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see it on the Treefrog site, so I've asked the question on Facebook. As Langy already said, I've read somewhere that there would be an Essen pickup option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
We are using a new merchant service company, having had issues with Paypal in the past. There may be some teething problems, but hopefully Shaun (our website guy) will be able to sort them out.

We will have copies to sell at Essen but we cannot arrange collections. If you order via the website the game will be sent to you. If you want to buy a copy direct at Essen just get to the stand on Thursday - we will have plenty of copies. Sorry we cannot do collections but there are too many things that can go wrong.

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
So then I do exactly know that my order is confirmed? After ordering I have a basket still containing the game, in 'my account' the order is in status 'pending' with a button to 'pay' and I only have an email from WorldPlay with an transaction confirmation and the hint that treefrog has to accept.

Do I get another email from treefrog? Or do I know because the status under 'my account' changed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erm, my order shows up as cancelled, but I don't see any reason that it should. Did this happen to anyone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah mine says cancelled at the mo to . Must be the teething problems Martin mentioned
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Langy wrote:
Yeah mine says cancelled at the mo to . Must be the teething problems Martin mentioned
Ok, I was getting worried. That makes me feel a bit better. I sent an email to julia in the meantime, but since they must be swamped, it might take some time to reply. I'll let you know what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
Langy wrote:
Ok, I was getting worried. That makes me feel a bit better. I sent an email to julia in the meantime, but since they must be swamped, it might take some time to reply. I'll let you know what happens.
I've got a reply, and they're having problems with Worldpay at the moment.
They're working on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mb
Damn no paypall, not good if you don't own a credit card then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered a few minutes ago. Let's hope everything works OK and that the game appears ASAP. Really looking forward to this (as is my wife )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Maher
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
Langy wrote:
I've got a reply, and they're having problems with Worldpay at the moment.
They're working on it.

Cancelled for me too (8 a.m. GMT time). Would Paypal have been a better choice despite previous problems? I'm sure it'll be grand but I hate uncertainty with online transactions. Is Worldpay another creation of Moist von Lipwig?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Damn no paypall, not good if you don't own a credit card then.

You could get someone else to do it and PayPal them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Unfortunately due to it being the weekend it will be impossible for Julia to contact Worldpay until next Monday and find out what's going on. It has to be said it's a bit frustrating at this end as we can see that regular customer's orders are being rejected.

If Worldpay cannot provide a decent service then we will have to look at alternatives, possibly going back to Paypal. The problem with Paypal, though, is that they do not like spikes in your sales - exactly the pattern that we exhibit. They have a tendency to freeze your account, leaving you in deep doo doo (see Minecraft release.

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Langy wrote:

Mine was also cancelled. Must I have to worry know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frog1 wrote:
Unfortunately due to it being the weekend it will be impossible for Julia to contact Worldpay until next Monday and find out what's going on. It has to be said it's a bit frustrating at this end as we can see that regular customer's orders are being rejected.

If Worldpay cannot provide a decent service then we will have to look at alternatives, possibly going back to Paypal. The problem with Paypal, though, is that they do not like spikes in your sales - exactly the pattern that we exhibit. They have a tendency to freeze your account, leaving you in deep doo doo (see Minecraft release.

Martin

So what is the outcome Martin? Have the orders been processed or were they rejected? (My order is still showing "cancelled").

Does this mean we all have to re-order again or will he existing orders be honoured?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest that we relax and wait for Martin or Julia to sort things out. At least if we have paid we cannot be gazumped by someone coming along later, as they will have the same problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Simple answer is that I'm not sure. Julia's handling the order side of things, so not sure exactly how the system works. If you have paid money your order will be honoured, no question about that. Will know more next week when we have been able to talk to Worldpay.

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.