Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I don't get to play it all that often, I have Dungeon Twister and many of the expansions. (Creatures Sylvestres eludes me still, but ... well, I know I'm not alone on that front.)

I'm curious how DT the card game compares to the original game. Is it worth considering if I already have the original? Is there anything substantially different?

I've seen a few comments in assorted threads here making some very slight comparisons to the original but I'm interested enough in specifics that I felt it was worth creating a thread specifically about this.

Thanks for any information and/opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like it. But I'm a bit biased. :-)

The rules are on Ludically.com - download and read them. They even list all of the characters and items which are included. You'll see more than a few familiar faces in there ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Priol
msg tools
Dungeon Twister is a great game.
The Card Game gameplay is really faithful to the Board Game.

The big difference is the room display.
It's all packed whereas the item cards are alongside.
It's not as easy to 'read' but you still try to escape, attack, twist...

It was quite a challenge for Chris Boelinger & I think he has succceeded.

When you have played the Board game and his expansions, you really miss the beautiful rooms and moving your items through them.
If you wanna play at home, you won't use the card Game.

If you own one single box of DT, the card game is more interesting since you already have 25 characters.
Building your own team is definitely what brings DT to a new level.

Of course, it's easier to bring the Card Game if you travel !

You really need to play a lot of games to really master all these items, twisting rooms...
The card game is more "nervy" and playing a 2 or 3 minutes/turn is a must.
It's easier to build a strategy on the board game.
It's really hard to anticipate your opponent moves at the Card Game.

By the way, time limit and errors are also what makes the difference between DT and chess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Wiels
Belgium
Chatelet
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happymrdave wrote:
Although I don't get to play it all that often, I have Dungeon Twister and many of the expansions. (Creatures Sylvestres eludes me still, but ... well, I know I'm not alone on that front.)

I'm curious how DT the card game compares to the original game. Is it worth considering if I already have the original? Is there anything substantially different?

I've seen a few comments in assorted threads here making some very slight comparisons to the original but I'm interested enough in specifics that I felt it was worth creating a thread specifically about this.

Thanks for any information and/opinions.

I have the original game and every expansion. I didn't bought the Card Game because the game mechanics are the same, so it would be redundant in my collection.

I guess that if you need to carry your game in your pocket, the card game could be useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.