Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Epple
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!
I was a little confused because the rules say: "Add the number of randomly selected normal Hornet Leader red background Site/Bandit (Cultist) specified on the campaign sheet to the cup. This includes the new red background Site/Bandit counters included with this expansion"
It seems to me that you take ALL counters (old and new).
But the word Cultist made me uncertain....
Could anyone please clarify?
Thanks a lot!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Slaughter
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct.

Take all old red counter and the new red counters, mix them together, then draw the appropriate number to the cup for the campaign.

Red counters are cultists (humans converted to the cause of Cthulhu), just as a color (story) term
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Epple
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BobSlaughter wrote:
You are correct.

Take all old red counter and the new red counters, mix them together, then draw the appropriate number to the cup for the campaign.

Red counters are cultists (humans converted to the cause of Cthulhu), just as a color (story) term

Thank for your help Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Andersch
Germany
Korntal-Münchingen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BobSlaughter wrote:
You are correct.

I think, this is wrong.
The rules clearly state:

"Place all the new green background Cthulhu Site/Bandit counters in the cup.
Add the number of randomly selected normal Hornet Leader red background Site/Bandit (Cultist) Counters specified on the Campaign sheet to the cup."

So, do as you are told: take ALL the green counters and add SOME (how many exactly can be seen on the campaign sheet) of the old ones (from the basic game). The red ones are humans that are considered cultists in HL:CC. See also the example on p. 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Epple
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Micha wrote:
BobSlaughter wrote:
You are correct.

I think, this is wrong.
The rules clearly state:

"Place all the new green background Cthulhu Site/Bandit counters in the cup.
Add the number of randomly selected normal Hornet Leader red background Site/Bandit (Cultist) Counters specified on the Campaign sheet to the cup."

So, do as you are told: take ALL the green counters and add SOME (how many exactly can be seen on the campaign sheet) of the old ones (from the basic game). The red ones are humans that are considered cultists in HL:CC. See also the example on p. 8.

Man, I´m really confused now soblue
"This includes the new red background Site/Bandit counters included with this expansion."
I thought this means that these new counters are part of the cup you then randomly select the cultist counters for the campaign from. Or does "this includes" mean, that the cup where you add the random counters already includes the cultists??? soblue

In addition, the green counters are called Cthulhu Site/Bandits (p.3)
In the example he´s placing "all the Cthulhu Site/Bandits counters" and adds then "random normal Hornet Leader counters" (whatever that means...)
I´m not sure, but I think, Bob is probably right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
BobSlaughter wrote:
You are correct.

Bob is correct. All red counters(new and old) are bad guys now fighting for Cthulhu. The new red counters include fancy weapons the bad guys didn't have access to in Hornet Leader.

Campaign setup tells you to put all Green counters in the cup. Then add a number(specified by the campaign sheet) of bad guys(red counters) to the cup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Epple
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ad79 wrote:
BobSlaughter wrote:
You are correct.

Bob is correct. All red counters(new and old) are bad guys now fighting for Cthulhu. The new red counters include fancy weapons the bad guys didn't have access to in Hornet Leader.

Campaign setup tells you to put all Green counters in the cup. Then add a number(specified by the campaign sheet) of bad guys(red counters) to the cup.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy CHAN
Hong Kong
New Territories, HK-SAR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Johannes,

Can't wait to see your walk through of this expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Epple
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
citilogic wrote:
Hi Johannes,

Hi Jimmy,
after a few playthroughs I have to tell you that I´m pretty disappointed by this expansion...so I´m afraid I won´t do a walk through here
Greetings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi Johannes,

could you tell us your opinions about the expansion? i usually watch your session reports, and a lot of times this has been the key to make decision to buy the game.

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
callasmar wrote:
citilogic wrote:
Hi Johannes,

Hi Jimmy,
after a few playthroughs I have to tell you that I´m pretty disappointed by this expansion...so I´m afraid I won´t do a walk through here
Greetings

I was somewhat disappointed, too. It seems to add a lot of fiddliness without adding much flavor (and especially not eerie Cthulhu flavor!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Epple
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
calpurnio1973 wrote:
hi Johannes,

could you tell us your opinions about the expansion? i usually watch your session reports, and a lot of times this has been the key to make decision to buy the game.

thanks!

It´s basically the random placement of the aircraft at the beginning of a mission that bothers me. The most interesting part of the game was always the planning of a mission and then enjoying the successful result. To watch your tactics become reality. Every aircraft has its special mission: some are attacking specific sites, others deal with the bandits, some go with heavy bombs for the target.
In this variant you place the aircraft at the beginning of a mission completely randomly by dice rolling. gulp
To me, this seems totally against the idea of the game. It could well happen that a slow aircraft ends up in the middle of all sites. In my opinion planning has become quite useless. The artwork of the cards is cool by the way, the gameplay though is ridiculous. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy CHAN
Hong Kong
New Territories, HK-SAR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any variants that can change the random aircraft placement at the beginning of a mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Epple
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
citilogic wrote:
Is there any variants that can change the random aircraft placement at the beginning of a mission?

Nothing official as far as I know...
Ofcourse you could play it without this rule, but I´m afraid this would make the game far too easy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy CHAN
Hong Kong
New Territories, HK-SAR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. Thanks Johannes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.