Subject: Does "altitude" attack effect affect LOS right away? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kirq kirq
Poland
Rzeszów
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just had interesting situation. It's portrated by image below. I started to resolve attacks on Pro going from left to right, and first attack (infantry from the left hex) resulted in "altitude". My question is, if I have to change altitude right away, does it affect other enemy units LOS? Do I have to resolve attacks from other hexes (2xinfantry and AAA), and then change altitude, or do I go low right away (as it's stated in rules book) and hide behind the ridge from those attacks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Mason
Australia
Dandenong
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a similar situation. I decided to implement the change in LOS immediately, treating it more as a fortunes of war situation; it might help me, it might mess me up.

I also resolve enemy attacks in a random order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kirq kirq
Poland
Rzeszów
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uberslacker wrote:
I've had a similar situation. I decided to implement the change in LOS immediately, treating it more as a fortunes of war situation; it might help me, it might mess me up.

That's exactly how I interpreted this stiuation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
You should determine which enemy units attack which of your aircraft at the exact same time. Then resolve all the attacks against one aircraft at the same time. If you do it this way it will prevent the situation in question from arising. Much simpler this way and by the book.

Look on page 16 of the rules. Should be spelled out clearly there.

There may be an old PDF copy of the rules floating around out there where the answer is on page 17. If your PDF copy has the entire TAL manual including cover and example of play, then you have the up to date rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kirq kirq
Poland
Rzeszów
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:
You should determine which enemy units attack which of your aircraft at the exact same time. Then resolve all the attacks against one aircraft at the same time. If you do it this way it will prevent the situation in question from arising. Much simpler this way and by the book.

Look on page 17 of the rules. Should be spelled out clearly there.

Damn. Looks like I resolved enemy attacks wrong way whole the time. Thanks for answer, I'll do it proper way in my next campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Andersch
Germany
Korntal-Münchingen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:

It's page 16, I think: "Determine which Aircraft each Enemy Unit will Attack before resolving any of their Attacks."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Micha wrote:
Ryanmobile wrote:

It's page 16, I think: "Determine which Aircraft each Enemy Unit will Attack before resolving any of their Attacks."

It's page 17 of the PDF copy of the rules which I downloaded from DVG's website. I'll edit this for clarification in my original post. Thanks Michael.

I've noticed the PDF and print copies of the rules from TAL & HL:CAO are not identical. I've never compared them directly, but the obvious discrepancies are the lack of a cover page and the omission of the example of play from the PDF version. The rules present in the PDF seem to be identical to the print copy though.

There's a newer version of the rulebook available. I was using the old version. See my post above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Andersch
Germany
Korntal-Münchingen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:
It's page 17 of the PDF copy of the rules which I downloaded from DVG's website. I'll edit this for clarification in my original post. Thanks Michael.

I've noticed the PDF and print copies of the rules from TAL & HL:CAO are not identical. I've never compared them directly, but the obvious discrepancies are the lack of a cover page and the omission of the example of play from the PDF version. The rules present in the PDF seem to be identical to the print copy though.

No, it's also page 16 of the PDF. You seem to have an old version.
I think, I never had a look into the printed version - always working with the PDF. Printed it out and made notices by hand, to remember myself of important rule clarifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Micha wrote:
No, it's also page 16 of the PDF. You seem to have an old version.

Ouch, you're correct. How long have I had that? Thanks for the heads up. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.