Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to jump on the repainting bandwagon and try my hand at improving the lackluster looks of some of these models. I've never painted miniatures before, but I used to paint ceramics and model kits when I was a kid. Anyway, here's what I've done so far. I may try to take some better pictures later since these pictures aren't as clear as I would have liked.

I completely repainted both Enterprises and the Vor'Cha class Klingon ship, but I only did a wash on the Negh'Var and added some details since I really like the metallic green color and the Klingon symbol and lettering details already on the ship. I painted the Vor'Cha class ship a similar shade of metallic green to match the Negh'Var, and it turned out really well especially after doing a black wash over it.

Anyone else please feel free to post your own repaint pictures in this thread too if you like. I don't think we need twenty different threads about repaints, but I didn't want to risk hijacking anyone else's thread with my pictures either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work - the Galaxy class looks particularly good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinKase wrote:
Nice work - the Galaxy class looks particularly good

Thanks! I'm particularly happy with how the deflector dish turned out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished repainting my Romulan ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Been inspired by you and the others, and am taking your lead and tossing my attempt into your thread - thanks for the invite

Maybe you should retitle the thread something like "Consolidated Repaint Thread", and toss in some links to the other painting threads in your first post.

Anyway, working on a Negh'Var to test out my color scheme. Then I'll be doing the other Klingon's in the same colors.

Still a work in progress. I'd like to go back and highlight the panels, add more windows (and fix some of the ones already on there) then hit it with a light wash.

Also debating if I should paint more of the panels orange.

Wouldn't mind adding the Klingon symbol, but that may be something best left to a decal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished up my first 2 Klingons - though they need a little touch-up work (after looking at the closeups)

Also did an Enterprise-D (which also needs some touch-up work on the nacelles). Decided to go with a cleaner look, as every time I used a wash and dry brush, it looked like it was made of stone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian whatever
Germany
munich
bavaria
flag msg tools
mb
Here is my paint Job on the guys

Klingon primed with some black wash... now you see all the details very good...

with one base coat

... here we go... the complete fleet

And the Romulans...

Birdy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Really like them - almost makes me want to do my Klingons over in grey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Valdore Repaint started it, I decided to finish the Romulans (keeping with a very clean, regal color scheme) and then move to Klingons...

Klingons were darker and had a lot more varied color layers as I wanted them a little more battle scarred. I love the orange theme over the darker green, very happy with it.

Finally the Enterprise and Reliant. This is the first pass, I have some touch up but gives a good idea of the flatter grey. I still need to figure out how to do the red paint lines on the top of the nacelles, after 3-4 tries I couldn't get it right. Also need to touch up the nacelle blue with a lighter layer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chr Clar
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
JustinKase wrote:
Finished up my first 2 Klingons - though they need a little touch-up work (after looking at the closeups)

Also did an Enterprise-D (which also needs some touch-up work on the nacelles). Decided to go with a cleaner look, as every time I used a wash and dry brush, it looked like it was made of stone

how did u do the nacelles cut them out with an exacto knife?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since I've posted an update on my painting projects, so here's what I've been working on.

Wave 1 and the Ch'Tang

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Player
msg tools
Hello,

can you please describe which colors you have used for the hulls. I'm a little bit in trouble selecting the right colors.

Thanks alot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally picked up a Reliant and just finished giving it a fresh paint job.

mrjohndoe wrote:
Hello,

can you please describe which colors you have used for the hulls. I'm a little bit in trouble selecting the right colors.

Thanks alot.

I just pick out inexpensive acrylic craft paints from Hobby Lobby and Walmart. I use mostly FolkArt metallic acrylics. For the Federation hulls I use silver or gunmetal grey and mix in some flat white so they're not quite so shiny. For the Romulans I use sort of a deep emerald green, and for the Klingons I use a lighter sort of shamrock green. I always do a black wash for the Klingon and Romulan ships and then repaint the individual hull panels that need it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I decided it was time to start repainting my Romulans. Since the Valdore is my favorite ship I started there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's two more. I just picked them up last week to complete my collection of one of each ship available so far. Here's my repaint of the Kraxon and the Groth.

Here's a shot of my whole collection of repainted ships so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.