Subject: Public Enemys: Nox & Goultard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Rowe
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two best figures appear to be Nox and Goultard with Percimol as a strong third place (it is just tough to get Percimol to beat Goultard). I am looking for a strategy has the versatility to hit both these power houses while using neither of them.

Let’s first look at the enemies:

Goultard rocks because he can kill 5+ level charterers in a single turn. Sword of the Just is a beating and if you can get up to 10AP you can kill in one turn. Supercut is also a great finisher. Goultrad also eats through an army of little guys gaining back three health for each one he kills.

By contrast Nox is great because he has range and drains AP cutting down the number of attacks you get.
Both Nox and Goultard are strong candidates for a Voltron buff up one heros strategy. Extra AP means more to a 5 point character than is does to a 3 point character. If you can attach 3 times a fire damage buff does insane damage and a 2 AP weapon is nuts on a character with 8 to 10 AP.
Kryptonite:
1. Ranged attacks: Both of these public enemy’s hate ranged attacks. Goultard needs to be in your face to beat you and Nox likes to dance around the board out of range.
2. Summons: neither one is great at killing tofus, Gobals, block dolls and other summons.
The Team:
2 Bill Tell (6 points)– best long range damage at low AP cost
1 Queen of the Tofus (3 points) – most summons
1 Fern Sock’em (1 point) – best summon for clogging the board
1 Luk Ylook (2 points) – good damage and stealing AP can slow a titian down. (This is my least favorite member of the team)
Two heroes that can summon and lots of ranged damage.

PS : I use hero, character and figure interchangeably, I am not sure the English audience favors one over the others yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
lvl5+ have high HP too, so you can't kill in one turn with Goultard.
Moreover, the best figures are not the higher level ones, but the lower ones :

Coa Gulary and Quentin Flush

http://staticns.ankama.com/krosmaster/www/game/figure/26/I18...
http://staticns.ankama.com/krosmaster/www/game/figure/20/I18...

which you can play x2 in your team

and

Luk Ylook : http://staticns.ankama.com/krosmaster/www/game/figure/17/I18...

Wich litteraly gives you up to 4 additional MP on turn 1.

Most top rank players play with these.

edit: hotlink blocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tino Seth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My strategy for dealing with Nox applies to Goultard in some ways.

1. Deny preferred movement and make them waste action points teleporting or attacking pets.

By the end of your turn always make sure that you have denied them optimal mobility by putting summons in their way (my preference is tofus, but bombs and other pets work, too.) For Nox, this forces him to use at least 2 ap to teleport if he wants to get to the most optimal places to hurt you, denying him an extra attack. It also makes Nox use up his precious 2 movement points, and at least forces Goultard to stretch his 4 movement points and usually end his turn where he makes his attack -- usually in a spot vulnerable enough for you to make a heavy counter attack.

Both Nox and Goultard have high initiative and will likely be going first or second in their turn. This makes it less likely that another Krosmaster on their team will be able to clear the path for them.

2. Deny them damage-increasing demonic rewards.

If your team has a higher initiative, always purchase the 3-kama green, yellow, and purple damage increasing demonic rewards when possible by buying them out. Nox and Goultard teams with many low cost Krosmasters on their teams will spread across the board to pick up Kamas often to buy these demonic rewards to stack their damage so that can take out one or two of your own on one very deadly turn.

If your team does not have a higher initiative, still try to deny them those buffs.

Also, if possible, try to control the kama-rich center of the board with at least the threat of damage to whoever the Nox/Goultard team sends in to gather all those kamas. For example, keeping Jems Blonde within range of dropping an Explosive Arrow in the center on a following turn is enough to make a Nox/Goultard player of thinking he can just waltz in and eat up those kamas.

3. Focus fire.

14 and 16 health is not impossible to take out (or nearly take out) in one turn. Punish Goultard's and Nox's who rush in alone. Deny them the ability to run back home for heals. If you see the demonic reward that allows them to teleport back to a starting square, buy it.

If Goultard or Nox does manage to take out a 3, 4, or even 5 GG Krosmaster from your team that turn, make your counter attack count and kill them back for a 6 GG return.

If a Goultard or Nox does manage to get in and get out of your damage zone, keep an eye out for vulnerable (usually low cost and low health teammates) and focus fire them to death. Keep the pressure of the GG game on.

(On a side note, Percimol can also be easily drained of health as he crawls his way to you and with focus fire. Just never end your turn with a Krosmaster standing in his hammer area of effect, it just allows him to stay in place and do a double Pudd Thudd. Throw pets in the way of straight columns that he can be "pushed" down by other Krosmasters. Count the squares and stay just out of range of how far he can walk and Pudd Thudd and come back in next turn for a focus fired attack. If you are a heavy melee team, it may be necessary that you sacrifice the health of one of your meleers by leaving them in close at the end of a turn to do damage. Just don't leave more than one meleer in range of coming single Pudd Thudd on the next turn if at all possible and your focus fire damage to Percimol will be worth the 3 damage counter attack on a single Krosmaster from him.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tino Seth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like your Kryptonite team, Brian. Will be sure to experiment with it.

I also couldn't agree more about the power of low levels combinations and the ability to double them, Adrian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rowe
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Adrien Nguyen: I respectfully disagree with your assessment of Goultard. I have second and third turn killed Nox, opposing Goultards, Victor, Remmington and the Darkness Knight with surprising constancy. You need to a buff like Style Xelor and Pyro buff to get Sword of the Just off twice and then use the free Super Cut to finish them off. There are several other 2 to 3 buff combos that will get the job done.

Quentin Flush is a great idea! I just need to find the 7th expansion packs.

Luk Ylook is a lot like Srammy but more fragile and more versatile:

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.