Popular Tags: [View All]
Kostas
Greece
Patras
Achaia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna bring ER on the table for the very first time, for a 3p tutorial(s) scenario(s)
Is there any chance we could play the 2p scenarios?
For example, in the very first scenario, one player controls both the Norads, one player controls Jeff Deeler and Zombie 1, one player controls Jack Saw and Zombie 2
Regarding CP at the Initiative phase for the Salemite player, each one gets 5 CP with the player controlling Jeff Deeler to take the 2 bonus CPs
Any ideas? Will it work? Just keep in mind I want to play 2-3 scenarios that way for tutorial purposes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you were unaware there are some downloadable 3-4 player tutorial scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
In case you were unaware there are some downloadable 3-4 player tutorial scenarios.

This. The downloadable scenarios are quite good, and most support either 3 or 4 players. That's the only real pain, I guess. Most. There's a couple that only support either 3 OR 4 (i.e. scenario x is 3 player only, scenario y is 4 player only). Our group didn't find much of a problem though, since you just skip those and roll the rules into the next one that supports your group size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas
Greece
Patras
Achaia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, I am aware of these rules, my only problem is what you mention, the fact that some of them are only for 4 players.
So, when I introduce let's say LoS and Duel which scenario should I play then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
I played quite a few games with three and four players. We went through the first five scenarios or so playing teams of two. Each teammate just picks which people they are going to control on their side.

In several of the scenarios I played the Salemite side (all characters) and two or three of my friends each took a Norad character. Then we played as normal for a two player game but when it was time for a Norad character to activate that person decided what he or she would do. We allowed table talk, though I got to hear it too. Except when I went for a bathroom break. That's when all the real planning took place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karajohn13 wrote:
Thanks for the replies, I am aware of these rules, my only problem is what you mention, the fact that some of them are only for 4 players.
So, when I introduce let's say LoS and Duel which scenario should I play then?

Well, what we did was skip the scenario and then just read the rules for it and the next scenario before playing the next scenario.

If you think that's too much, the following was posted on the ER site for scenario 2 (my French is pretty rubbish - I could only translate about half of it - so I used Google Translate):

Google Translate wrote:
For those like me who are going to play 3, here's what Chris proposed on the site of Tric-Trac:

Chris Boelinger wrote:
Link09 wrote:
I see that scenario 2 is unfortunately available only for 4 players. I'm much more likely to play 3. Is it will soon be offered for 3 players?

We played 3. It works years troubleshooting, but it's more fun to 4, so I left for 4 players.
To play 3 player, you must switch to Collaborative mode.
One player controls Salemites and plays between each player, the other two each take a character NORAD.
Each player keeps NORAD 8 CP base.
The player takes 15 Salemite CP.
The victory conditions remain the same.

Hope this helps. This is a pretty rockin' great game, so the faster everyone gets up to speed the better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.