5 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Marketing Idea for WizKids rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ghost Runner
msg tools
mb
Seeing as how the insanity has already started on the OP prizes (even on the participation prizes, which are in theory free if you can find a place to play), might I offer a suggestion to WK?

What if (in about a year), they were to release all of the 6 months of Prize Support as a single stand alone box set?

Think about it... 6 ships, with cards and tokens, the Elite Die, and all the other participation toys, in a single box.

Would be nice to include the DS9 token, if they can fit it in the box.

They could easily charge $100 for the kit and people would pay it, considering some of the insane prices I've seen so far for the Ferengi (which is an interesting ship, but not the game changer that some of the other ships are likely to be).

2 benefits to WK:

1. Those people who are either unable to find a venue or just aren't going to win all the ships will still be able to get the ships EVENTUALLY... The OP winners can have a year of fun with exclusive cards and ships, then everyone gets the shot. Much better than having people quit the game because one of the cards available to only 1/10th of the players now defines the game.

2. Money!!! Sure the OP prizes are advertising bucks, but hey - why not make a direct profit on them as well.

Loving the game so far, and had a great time at my first OP event. Just hoping the prize support and lack of venues for some players doesn't hurt the game's lifespan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually a pretty neat idea. Not sure it would ever happen, but it would be pretty awesome to see a "Dominion Wars" box set come out with all the fixings. I'd pick one up - as I am sure I will be coming home empty handed on many of those months

Though I imagine all of the ships will be released in other incarnations eventually, and I could see the Attack die making an appearance as the first participation prize for each event cycle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see a "campaign" box that included missions and special ships cards, tokens and other extras like the dice. Rather than have all the models in the box I'd prefer that some of them were just alternate captain cards, ship cards etc. that we can use with an appropriate expansion model that we would buy separately (ie. the Klingon ship). Maybe include 3 of the model ships like in the base set (ie. this might be a good way to introduce the Ferengi ship). That might keep the set under $50.

I just know that I will never play the OP games but I'd really like to get my hands on those items eventually (or at least alternate forms).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This would be a good idea after the first 6 months of organized play events are over for people like me with no access to a FLGS.

At lease they don't seem to mind people posting pictures online so people like me can homebrew them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, or a mission pack with some tokens and more asymmetrical missions would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.