Popular Tags: [View All]
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to ask the community what their opinion was about the Primordial Soup expansion.

(1) Does the addition of a 5th and 6th player significantly change the length of the game? (Roughly how long is an extended game?)

(2) Are there any genes that should be 'house-ruled' due to being overpowered? (Or are the new genes well-balanced amonst themselves and the original game's gene set?)

Any other thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, and good gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
6 players seems to add about 30 minutes to the game length.

I'd say no, though I haven't gotten to play with every gene from the expansion yet. Though I think I'll recommend against the random draw and go for a drafting system next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Christopher
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In the wonderful game, Bonaparte at Marengo, this is how to get nasty Frenchies out of a village.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree; 6 players, for us, only added a half hour or so, if that.

We didn't end up with too many of the new genes in play, so I can't comment on them, but Parasitism in the 5-6 player gene deck seemed a mite powerful - it allows the user to take 2 BPs from a target rather than just 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.