Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a copy of this the other day and was excited to play it. I found that the rules weren't as clear cut as I would have expected and my wife and I found ourselves making up things as we went along. Overall we had fun, but we were confused about the Wild Boar. What happens if you don't have food, but you have other equipment, do you have to roll a 1 or 8 to cross? The rules state....

Have Food?
Roll the Die immediately....
Than proceeds to give several results based on the die roll, it seems to me that the food is meaningless.

We decided that if you had food, you could pass it to him and move along, or you could roll the dice and follow the rule based on the die roll.

Also, regarding the Evil Tower Bridge, how does this work? On my turn, I rolled a two, then a 3, I placed 2 bridge pieces on the board and then fell in per the rules. Later my wife came from the opposite side, would she continue to build the bridge, or does she have to roll a 5 or higher to get to the other side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jurney85 wrote:
Got a copy of this the other day and was excited to play it. I found that the rules weren't as clear cut as I would have expected and my wife and I found ourselves making up things as we went along. Overall we had fun, but we were confused about the Wild Boar. What happens if you don't have food, but you have other equipment, do you have to roll a 1 or 8 to cross? The rules state....

Have Food?
Roll the Die immediately....
Than proceeds to give several results based on the die roll, it seems to me that the food is meaningless.

We decided that if you had food, you could pass it to him and move along, or you could roll the dice and follow the rule based on the die roll.

Also, regarding the Evil Tower Bridge, how does this work? On my turn, I rolled a two, then a 3, I placed 2 bridge pieces on the board and then fell in per the rules. Later my wife came from the opposite side, would she continue to build the bridge, or does she have to roll a 5 or higher to get to the other side?

If you don't have food, then you got to the No Equipment? Part and follow those instructions, which is to roll 1 or 8 to cross over the pit. If you don't roll a 1 or 8 nothing happens and have to wait for your next turn.

The evil bridge says that if you are not the first one to the bridge, you must roll the dice and get across without landing on a empty plank space. So in the a example you gave, when she arrived, on the opposite side, she was (4 planks missing, If I remember correctly there are 6 planks), so she would need to roll a 5 or higher to get across, if she rolled a 4 or less she falls in. You only build the bridge the first time it is reached.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.