Popular Tags: [View All]
Khan Doomy
Turkey
Cekmekoy-Istanbul
Istnabul
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everyone

GOG (good old games) has a PC Games sale which includes Strategic Command: European Theater. Maybe some people will be interested in it. I bought it, and I am trying to cajole friends to play.

With Respect
KTravlos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john smith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say that. It looks pretty good. Every Friday they have sales on some of their games. I've bought a few including Freespace 2 and Back to the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
They also have Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord on sale this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dorosh
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Tactical Wargamer's Journal
mbmbmbmbmb
Never understood the logic of not linking to what you're talking about.

http://www.gog.com/

For those who need it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Jigsaw
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember right, the AI was bad and I never could figure out how to use transports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khan Doomy
Turkey
Cekmekoy-Istanbul
Istnabul
flag msg tools
mb
Sir.

With all due respect I gave the name of the company so it would not be impossible for anyone with some basic internet search capabilities (i.e the same skills required to post and partake in an online forum) to find it. I did not provide a direct link because I was not sure it would be in accordance to forum rules to give a direct link to a private store.

With Respect
KTravlos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got SC on one of their earlier sales a few years ago. It's OK, but I'm not much into grand strategic games with production and research etc to keep track of. Just moving the units around (the operational part of the game) was quite good as I remember it.

The Combat Mission game is more interesting. I already own it on CD, but if I ever feel like playing again I will pick it up from GOG. I'm sure the CD is infested with some sort of DRM or at least require that it is in a drive when playing or other such nonsense, so it will probably be less stressful to get the GOG version (already did so for a few other games I already owned on CD).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
May the Great Spirit Bless all who read this.
mbmbmbmbmb
On this site GoG means The Guns of Gettysburg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
KTravlos wrote:
Sir.

With all due respect I gave the name of the company so it would not be impossible for anyone with some basic internet search capabilities (i.e the same skills required to post and partake in an online forum) to find it. I did not provide a direct link because I was not sure it would be in accordance to forum rules to give a direct link to a private store.

With Respect
KTravlos

It is perfectly acceptable to link to outside sites.

In fact over on VGG we have a neat thread that keeps us updated about video game sales.

Indie Game Bundle Subscription Thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To those who got Strategic Command all those years ago and liked it (like me) but turned away from the franchise when it went from hexes to squares in later years : Hexes will be back in 3.0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eddy_sterckx wrote:
To those who got Strategic Command all those years ago and liked it (like me) but turned away from the franchise when it went from hexes to squares in later years : Hexes will be back in 3.0

This version of Strategic Command (At GoG) is in fact the good one. It is the "old" version with hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.