Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Get cool game inserts at www.inserthere.me
mbmbmbmbmb
I just learned how to build foam inserts for games - I built this one - was a ton of fun - just thought I'd share:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work Rob!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto!

Very impressive Rob!

and...

Hi Greg!

Haven't heard much from you in a while.

Hope you are doing well.

PS - people should know that...
Rob is "Da Man"! Who runs the whole Dice Tower Website, and it's an honor to hear from him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah! Well thank you - that was very kind! Yeah - I don't have a huge collection of games anymore - but Precinct is a keeper. I had watched a video on foam core building - and this game was such a candidate for trying it out - as I had been using a Plano box that really didn't allow the lid to close all the way - this is my 2nd attempt at an insert - I really liked this one.

Karl - you da man - thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance you have a link to that video. After seeing yours and this amazing one for Gears of War: The Board Game, I might have to try my hand at this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik!

Another long lost friend to Police Precinct.

Great to hear from you!!!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

(we should re-name this thread... "Famous People Crafting Meets Long-Lost Fans of the Game".)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Erik. I didn't create a video - I just sorta built these on the fly - starting out with simply the bottom and border - making sure that will fit easily into the box - and then I typically start with some pieces - putting them in the box and then starting out with the one border to enclose it - and then just build outwards.

I was really worried that the glue wouldn't be strong enough - but it's really sturdy. I got some craft glue at the Hobby Store that works great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.