Hide
3 Posts

Cutthroat Caverns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Bugaboo and Counterstrike rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sterling Roberts
msg tools
It came up in a game I was playing where the last attack on the bugaboo only did 20 more damage over it's health. It normally would play it's damage then get shuffled back into the encounters but a player played counterstrike with 20 more damage onto the card. I let it go through and gave them kill credit but it was after some heated discussion and I had to house rule it but I wanted to get a clarification here. Does that counterstrike damage award the prestige or should we have reshuffled bugaboo back into the deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jemanu wrote:
It came up in a game I was playing where the last attack on the bugaboo only did 20 more damage over it's health. It normally would play it's damage then get shuffled back into the encounters but a player played counterstrike with 20 more damage onto the card. I let it go through and gave them kill credit but it was after some heated discussion and I had to house rule it but I wanted to get a clarification here. Does that counterstrike damage award the prestige or should we have reshuffled bugaboo back into the deck?

A good question - and I understand the confusion.
But here is your answer.
Counter Strike can only play after you are damaged by a creature.
The combat round ended and if it were any other creature, would have died. But Bugaboo immediately checks for the 30 over damage. Having failed to meet the threshold, Bugaboo does not 'attack' per the matrix but 'does' 10 damage and leaves play ('and' not 'then' is shuffled back into the encounter deck) Therefore, the counter strike has no target. The creature is already gone.

Hope that doesnt end any friendships. ; )
Curt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Roberts
msg tools
My question on that is counterstrike is a instant attacked based on taking monster damage not attack. That and the way the monster comes across that it's health is actually a runaway state not death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.