9 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Noob question: Pans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I did a search for this but am still unclear about it. At the start of the game, you distribute a Fire Axe, Crowbar and Pistol to three of the survivors and a Pan to any survivors that still haven't got a weapon. I played my first game solo with four survivors so only one got a Pan. Do the remaining Pans get shuffled into the starting Equipment Deck or do you set them aside out of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Zanderholm
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
Shuffled in I would say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NappyPlayer wrote:
I did a search for this but am still unclear about it. At the start of the game, you distribute a Fire Axe, Crowbar and Pistol to three of the survivors and a Pan to any survivors that still haven't got a weapon. I played my first game solo with four survivors so only one got a Pan. Do the remaining Pans get shuffled into the starting Equipment Deck or do you set them aside out of the game?

You set them aside. One note is that you add any pans to the starting equipment then shuffle them and deal them out (so you don't deal out the three good things then the other survivors get pans, everybody has a random chance of getting a pan or something more useful).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it that way (putting the pan cards aside), but if someone discards a pan it goes into the equipment discard pile, so it might turn up later in the game.

(Edited because I am not very good at typing, or making it clear what I actually mean.shake)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the set-up phase:

Zombicide Rulebook P.4 wrote:
Put aside the pimpmobile cards (Evil Twins and Ma’s Shotgun), Molotov, Pan, and Wounded cards.

My emphasis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paintner wrote:
Shuffled in I would say.

It's always a good idea to consult the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as jonah indicates, you dont shuffle the pans into the deck at any time.
pans are really basic and only serve as a stop-gap solution till you find something better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
We play it that way (putting the pan cards aside), but if someone discards a pan it goes into the equipment discard pile, so it might turn up later in the game.

Pans don't go into the equipment deck, ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Q.T. Nguyen
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Stephanie Baynes wrote:

Pans don't go into the equipment deck, ever.

Here's the relevant part of the rulebook:

Page 10 of Zombicide Rulebook v3 wrote:
If the Equipment deck runs out, reshuffle all the discarded cards, with the exception of Wounded cards, Pans, Molotov, and pimpmobile cards (Ma’s shotgun and the Evil Twins), to make a new deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.