Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnston
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As anyone who ones the game knows, the cards are extremely thin and basically require sleeves if you plan on getting much use out of the game. It took me a few trips to different game stores, but I found a sleeve that fits them perfectly. I got 'mayday games standard usa game size premium sleeves.' 56mm X 87 mm, the model # is MDG-7076 and the paper insert to display the sleeves is purple. They cost me $2.25 for 50. Hopefully this can save someone the trouble of looking for the right fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use FFG Green Sleeves which are the same size: 56mm x 87mm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
rbwphx wrote:

Just got these as well. Perfect fit and they aren't Mayday, so two great reasons to use the FFG greens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnston
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
rbwphx wrote:

Just got these as well. Perfect fit and they aren't Mayday, so two great reasons to use the FFG greens.

Why don't you like mayday sleeves? I never get the fantasy flight ones because they are usually more expensive. Do you notice a difference in quality?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It depends on the version of Mayday sleeves. It you get Mayday premiums those are about the same thickness of the FFG sleeves. The basic Mayday sleeves seem very thin and not rigid enough to protect the card IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
PapaBear73 wrote:
Springheeledjack wrote:
rbwphx wrote:

Why don't you like mayday sleeves? I never get the fantasy flight ones because they are usually more expensive. Do you notice a difference in quality?

It's not as much quality as their business practices and poor customer service. That's why I prefer the FFG sleeves vs. anything from Mayday, even if FFG is a little more expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.