Drew Hicks
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player draws 3 quests and 3 intrigue cards. Draft these as usual. After drafting them, each player will have 6 cards. Each player then chooses and discards 1 of each.

Then draft Lord cards using whatever rule you like.

Should prevent the problem of drafting (or even random) quests after lords are dealt out causing really messed up games every so often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I get the reason to draft before getting the lord card. Isn't the point of drafting quests as a variant to give players a chance to get quests that match their lord card?

Personally I like drafting the quests after lord cards are dealt, I think in general players end up being happier with their starting quests and it doesn't seem any less balanced than doing it randomly. Yeah there's a chance of someone getting a killer combo but that can also happen randomly or right away on the first turn anyway. So to me the benefit is as much psychological as anything else, it makes players more comfortable with the start without making the game any swingier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hicks
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the quests have different power levels and can have synergy regardless of which lord they're for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.