Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Gor Portas? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just brought this ship. Not had chance to play it but I like the sounds of the disapator.

What's the general opinion on the ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't already, watch this video about the Gor Portas. It truly is a vicious, nasty ship. My third opponent used it to tear apart my fleet during the September OP. After seeing how effective it was, I bought one for myself. I haven't had a chance to use it yet though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A great ship. I'd probably include it in any fleet I deploy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaron2310 wrote:
I just brought this ship. Not had chance to play it but I like the sounds of the disapator.

What's the general opinion on the ship?

The ship is really solid & the energy dissapator is nasty, nasty business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if you can get a hit with the dissipator, it is really nice. Even without it, the Gor Portas' ability to fire torps without removing its lock on is great. Even as the generic, the Breen ship is pretty powerful and maneuverable. One of my Favorite ships so far, my OP build for month 1 was originally going to be 2 of them and a Galor class. A similar build that someone else used went on to win the event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What was the other guy's build? I played with the Portas earlier today and loved it. Trying to put a 3 ship build together now and I've ended up with 2 generic Breen ships and the Reliant.

Would love to see other Breen builds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played with the Portas today in OP2 and it never got an ED shot off (All 3 games). If it works, it can be nasty, BUT you need to be at range 1 for the ED, then you also need target lock for the photons to get the kill in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beware of using it on a ship with Cheat Death. It comes back, the shields come back the next turn, and your coup de grace is wasted. It hurts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.