Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Degi
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do Lost Castaways really skip everything in this Phase? This means that they don't have to eat (?) so they do not take the penalties for not eating?

And they don't take the penalty for not being at the lit campfire?

Does that make sense?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you in thinking that this plays very weird.
We have played the game twice and that is exactly how we play it.If you are lost then that person skips the entire survival phase.
Not really sure why the designer did it this way and I am not sure that I like it but that is in the rules.
I would very interested in hearing thoughts from the designer as to why they made it this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the way I think of it, thematically, is the fact that in the survival phase, you eat things that are in the camp, so, if you're lost, you don't eat things that are in your camp, since you're not... there.

On the other hand, you find other types of food that will let you go through the night; or, simply, your will is so strong, while lost, you don't need to eat, as you're desperately trying to head back.

I am not too bothered by the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My personnal oppinion I think that he did it because to be lost in the island is enough punish to the players.

If they are lost they will skip at least an action next turn if in addition to that they have to eat, and they cant access the common supply of food, loss energy for not being close to the campife and roll for injuries. that game could be more realistic but maybe it will be less fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikim wrote:
the way I think of it, thematically, is the fact that in the survival phase, you eat things that are in the camp, so, if you're lost, you don't eat things that are in your camp, since you're not... there.

On the other hand, you find other types of food that will let you go through the night; or, simply, your will is so strong, while lost, you don't need to eat, as you're desperately trying to head back.

I am not too bothered by the rules.

I agree
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.