Rarity: Uncommon
Team Icon: [None]
Hero Type Icon: [Covert]
Recruit: 3
Power: None
Cost: 5
Special Ability:
Teleport
When you play or Teleport this card, you may also Teleport one other card from your hand.

Name: Light and Shadow
Hero Name: Cloak and Dagger
Rarity: Rare
Team Icon: [None]
Hero Type Icon: [Ranged]
Recruit: None
Power: 3+
Cost: 7
Special Ability:
[Covert]: You get +5[Power].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mav man
msg tools
Personally I would have liked to see these divided into 8 cards and 2 heroes, that being said I like the cards a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Suetens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I like Okami31's run on these better. I was planning to redo them anyway, so I have some more options with this. I think I'll keep most of the previous ideas, but with your idea for the rare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to think it was a joint effort. We worked very hard on all of them, especially the rare to get it just right.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/998712/design-challenge-cloa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Suetens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a new set for this one.

The rare based on your design (only slightly altered):

To see more: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/13539896#13539896

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
I like to think it was a joint effort. We worked very hard on all of them, especially the rare to get it just right.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/998712/design-challenge-cloa...

It was a joint-effort definitely...Darth was Cloak and I was Dagger...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grabowski
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I was completely unaware of the work already done on Cloak and Dagger. This was a Hero that I started designing very early before I had Dark City. I added "Shroud of Darkness" after I learned of the Teleport keyword in Dark City and saw Nightcrawler's rare, "Along For the Ride". The key mechanic that I was going for was the interplay between the (Covert) and (Ranged) cards representing Cloak and Dagger's powers. I am very impressed by the progress made on this Heroic duo and it has made me rethink my original design. Not to take anything away from the extraordinary work already done, but I do have some suggestions for these cards. My goal it to combine the best of everyone's contributions along with my own thoughts.

Name: Personal Crusade
Hero Name: Cloak & Dagger
Rarity: Common
Team Icon: [Marvel Knights]
Recruit: 0+
Power: 0+
Cost: 3
Special Ability:
Teleport
Whenever you defeat a Villain in the Streets this turn, rescue a Bystander.
[Ranged]: Versatile 1

I changed this because keying a mechanic like Versatile to a contingency like the presence of a Villain in a particular city space is sloppy design. What happens if a Villain moves to or from that city space? What about if you defeat a Villain there? The design would be much more stable (and synergistic with other cards) if the contingency is keyed to fighting or defeating a Villain as opposed to it's presence when you play the card. I also swapped the "Versatile 1" and "Rescue a Bystander" mechanics in order to give the Versatile more stability. Besides, I think it makes more logical sense to associate rescuing Bystanders with defeating Villains, despite the precedent set by Black Widow's common "Mission Accomplished".

Name: Daggers of Light
Rarity: Common
Power: 1
Cost: 4
Special Ability:
Teleport
Any Villain you fight in the Streets this turn gets -2[Power].
[Covert]: You may KO a Wound from your hand or discard pile.

This change follows similar justification as the other common. By the way, I love the idea of KOing a Wound here. Kudos to everyone who contributed to that idea.

Name: Darkforce Hunger
Rarity: Uncommon
Power: 2
Cost: 5
Special Ability:
Teleport
When you play or Teleport this card, you may also Teleport one other card from your hand. If you do, you gain a Wound.

I lowered the potential number of additional Teleported cards down to one because I think that allowing for two is too powerful for an uncommon card. If you really want to be able to teleport more cards per turn, you can recruit more of this card. I like that this card has the potential to give you a Wound without playing the card so that it does not trigger the healing effect of "Daggers of Light". This ingenious mechanic retains the threat that a Wound is meant to represent, all the while creating compounded internal synchronicities with the other cards. Pure genius!

Name: Darkness and Light
Rarity: Rare
Power: 3+
Cost: 7
Special Ability:
Teleport
[Covert]: You get +5[Power].

I am not a fan of a dual class. I do however think that a Critical Hit is justified here, considering Nightcrawler's uncommon "Swashbuckler", but it is unnecessary due to cards like the Hulk's rare "Hulk Smash". I also think that simplicity is better; hence the lack of Versatile or the potential to rescue a Bystander. I think the key theme of this card should be the interplay between (Ranged) and (Covert), not the introduction of a dual class or a dual Critical Hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.