Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Goblins vs Zombies: Canberra multipack... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In what might be a forlorn attempt to leverage my kids' interest in Plants vs Zombies on various electronic devices into a more "thoughtful" experience, I think I'm going to pledge for Goblins vs Zombies, which is on Kickstarter at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/153035614/goblins-vs-zom....

A single copy is USD22 (well, USD20 minimum, but for comparison purposes with the multipacks, the USD22 level includes the "Area 3" cards). A 4-pack is USD70 (so USD17.50 each), while a 10-pack is USD150 (USD15 each). The Kickstarter campaign has about a week to go.

Are any Canberra locals interested in sharing a multipack? Anticipated delivery is December this year, so hopefully by CanCon whistle

The Kickstarter page has the rules, and a B&W PnP set; the gameplay runthrough by Richard Ham gives an excellent idea of what it's like ("Tower Defence card game").

And it looks like it has more decisions than Dungeon Roll, which might well have worn out its welcome by the end of these school holidays (not a complaint - less than $20 for a few hours of kids' entertainment will have been well worth it!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, David.

Please count me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea what it is but for under 20 bucks I'll help you with the numbers :-)

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With several solo modes, I'm interested. Count me in, David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, four-pack backed!

The updates are "open", so you can check them out at your leisure (if you haven't already). There are a few add-on options: USD5 gets you an extra, signed card (an additional "Guardian"); USD38 gets you an "upgrade pack" (big box, acrylic tokens, playmats); USD20 gets you a copy of their previous game, Adventure of D. I'm not after any of them (the extra card is nice, but not at that price!); let me know if you want something, and I'll add it to the pledge.

If anyone else wants in, speak up: I can ask the project creator if he's willing to do some deal on adding extra copies to the 4-pack (on the assumption that we don't get up to a 10-pack). One "sponsor" level has extra copies available for USD18, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last call for any add-ons! I'll check here Monday-AM in case the pledge needs updating.

I had a look at the Adventure of D, and decided that it looked good enough to get at that price. Artwork is somewhat kitsch, but the gameplay looks good (an interesting mix of old-fashioned "run around, level-up, kill the evil wizard", and some neat ideas to make it replayable).

dlow wrote:
OK, four-pack backed!

The updates are "open", so you can check them out at your leisure (if you haven't already). There are a few add-on options: USD5 gets you an extra, signed card (an additional "Guardian"); USD38 gets you an "upgrade pack" (big box, acrylic tokens, playmats); USD20 gets you a copy of their previous game, Adventure of D. I'm not after any of them (the extra card is nice, but not at that price!); let me know if you want something, and I'll add it to the pledge.

If anyone else wants in, speak up: I can ask the project creator if he's willing to do some deal on adding extra copies to the 4-pack (on the assumption that we don't get up to a 10-pack). One "sponsor" level has extra copies available for USD18, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what the hell, put me down for adventure of D too if its not too late thanks David

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done!

Lebut wrote:
what the hell, put me down for adventure of D too if its not too late thanks David

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, the figures are in. The total pledge was USD115 (see below), which converted to $122.11 plus $3.66 fee = $125.77, or an overall conversion rate of USD0.9144 to the AUD.

4-pack: USD70 (split four ways makes USD17.50 each)
AoD game: USD20 x 2 (dlow, Lebut)
Black Dragon: USD5 (dlow...I was weak...)

Breakdown:

PAIDand COLLECTED dlow: USD42.50 --> $46.48
PAID Lebut: USD37.50 --> $41.01
PAID muzfish4: USD17.50 --> $19.14
PAID and DELIVERED batcut: USD17.50 --> $19.14

Payment on delivery is fine; GM me if you have funds burning a hole in your pocket and want to EFT sooner!

The current estimate is delivery in December, so maybe by Christmas, but CANCON might be a safer bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, David. Happy to fix you up for this when I collect Ideology: The War of Ideas from you.

I'll be at the next GLOG if that's convenient for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
The current estimate is delivery in December, so maybe by Christmas, but CANCON might be a safer bet.

Latest update (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/153035614/goblins-vs-zom...) suggests that CANCON is, in fact, a better bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping notification received today. Hopefully here by CANCON - minor chance of it getting here for the January GLOG, I guess. It's going to my work address, and I'm on leave until Feb; but I'll sneak in on-or-before Friday 17th Jan to see if it's made it. Otherwise, I'll check on Friday 24th Jan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
Shipping notification received today. Hopefully here by CANCON - minor chance of it getting here for the January GLOG, I guess. It's going to my work address, and I'm on leave until Feb; but I'll sneak in on-or-before Friday 17th Jan to see if it's made it. Otherwise, I'll check on Friday 24th Jan.

I'm pretty sure the next GLOG is Saturday 11th January - Rene booked them to be on the 2nd Saturday of each month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
dlow wrote:

I'm pretty sure the next GLOG is Saturday 11th January - Rene booked them to be on the 2nd Saturday of each month.

That will reduce the chances of GvZ being here for GLOG I'll try to drop by the office on the 10th, though, just in case!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the risk of sounding insensitive: we've received a package from Indonesia that Scott Morrison didn't manage to turn back!

I can be at GLOG for a handover, if people are going to be there? Or remind me of your address via GM and I can deliver over the next week or so. Or collect it from me at CANCON. Or...you get the picture
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, David.

I am happy to collect at Cancon as I won't be at the GLOG htis month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be at GLOG this month, but I think I'll be the only one as Dave Binny might not be able to make it. SO don't make a special trip (unless you want to and play some games) just for me. We can catch up at CanCon if you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.