8 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Downloadable Scenario: "Day Zero" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I have talked the family into sitting down together for a nice cosy game of Zombicide this afternoon, and was thinking a good introductory scenario might be this one:

Day Zero

I like that all the survivors are scattered around the board doing their day-jobs etc. and it's the start of the outbreak.

Has anyone played this and if so, do you think this is an OK scenario for some new players?

One more question: What's with "Ned's Bunker" being behind a door that can never be opened during the game. Is that just some sort of in-joke? Do you actually play it like this? Seems a bit, well, silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's an in-joke, because Ned's background is that he had this bunker well stocked with everything he'd need when the apocalypse came, but then he lost the keys to his bunker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Well, we played the game! We didn't finish it as there was something on TV we wanted to watch but a couple of survivors were well into the orange experience zone by the time we finished and no-one died.

The general consensus was that it was a fun game but once we were driving both cars around the board running down zombies it got a bit too easy. We were killing around 10 zombies with each car per turn. We also thought that being allowed to search the police car for weapons forever was a bit strange - we discovered several guns and two chainsaws in it!

I will probably leave out the cars next scenario or make them only kill on a 5+.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damean Rendell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The general consensus was that it was a fun game but once we were driving both cars around the board running down zombies it got a bit too easy.

This was my groups consensus as well. Though it probably makes it a good first up mission both thematically and for ease of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Liked the premise, set-up and play. But found it a bit too easy with the cars. And the fact that most of the buildings are open prevents inside spawns...
I think 2 spawn spots on each side of the main thoroughfare would me it a bit harder. Or maybe the keys to the cop car somewhere to locate.

Neat o idea though. Would like to see it modified.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NappyPlayer wrote:
The general consensus was that it was a fun game but once we were driving both cars around the board running down zombies it got a bit too easy. We were killing around 10 zombies with each car per turn.

I've always thought the car was a bit too powerful. It'd be funny if you made an in-house rule where you roll a die to see if the car dies on you or runs out of gas. Imagine, trying to run through 20-30 zombies and then your car dies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh C
United States
Sherwood
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great scenario. yes the cars are too powerful. I did houseruled that you cannot "drive through" a space containing a Fatty or Abomination. That mitigated the power of the car, but not enough imho.

I was thinking about saying if you ram a group and roll 3 ones in the ram your car breaks down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I am thinking of house ruling that car attacks kill a zombie outright on a roll of 6 but a roll of 4-5 just knocks them over. They then have to spend an activation to get up, so it slows them down a bit. I think this would be more in keeping with the idea that zombies can only be killed by smashing the head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.