Popular Tags: [View All]
Hubert Switalski
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it looks like the game should ship June 5th...nice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:
Sorry to pester but are there any news regarding Maori Wars?

I'm still cleaning the rules, but my ambition is to hand over all the files to Randy in early June. Add the physical production time which means the game should be shipped in early fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully what resembles a final map of Nemesis:

http://kangerproject.com/burma/Burma.jpg

Preorder it here: http://www.legionwargames.com/legion_NEM.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hubert,

I'll do you one better, actually 7 better,

Target For Today Begins Shipping on May 29th!

It's official, Target For Today begins shipping on May 29th! Go to the new Legion Wargame Online Store to purchase the game now as time is running out on the CPO price offer.

Retail Price $80
CPO Price $55 (plus shipping)

http://legion-wargames2.mybigcommerce.com/

Thank you,
Randy Lein - Owner, Legion Wargames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Handewith

Sacramento
California
msg tools
publisher
mb
Randy,

What an impressive product. Great deal for $55.

Congrats.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't Wait. I've dreamed of this for 20 years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
Wow, Memorial Day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed P

Ohio
msg tools
mbmb
Is there any chance of a video play through or some sort of preview of the game?

I'm having a hard time purchasing TfT without some sort of preview.

Any info would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfy Burger
Mali
Bamako
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eppst1 wrote:
Is there any chance of a video play through or some sort of preview of the game?

I'm having a hard time purchasing TfT without some sort of preview.

But, having said that, I've narrowed down my next game between this and B17 Leader. I've never played QotS, but I'm hearing lots of comparisons between the 2. So taking a guess, TfT is more of a tactical game where you control one plan and its crew compared to the strategic choices of B17 Leader. Now, one thing that really intrigues me about B17 Leader is the RPG style decisions you can make concerning planes and pilots. Will TfT offer the same choices, and can you make your crew better over time?

Any info would be appreciated.

I don't mean to be rude, but you're on a thread dedicated to a publisher asking for comparison to a game by another publisher... A more neutral setting, like any of the two games' home pages, might perhaps be more appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Dan and Holly Verssen, a very fine couple (along with Doc and Callie) and the "Leader" games. They're nothing like QoTS or TFT. I don't have all of the Leader series, but have many of them. So, I can well make the comparison.

Simply: Apples to Oranges

In TFT or QotS yes you can increase the abilities of your crew members. But it's not in a way similar to most RPG's which provide you a means to follow a "promotion" track. QotS and TFT are more like Random Events than a planned effort on a promotion track.

I like Dan's games. Play them once in a while, especially the Osiris Raid and the Strike on Libya. Fun games for a while. Then they become staid. They're enjoyable ...

BUT they're not QotS or I am sure TFT in which you are praying with every roll that you're not critically damaged and can make it home. That I think is the essence of the games. For the men in the skies, though they had a job to do, each and every one of them were praying to get home. There were a greater percentage of losses in the Air Corps than even the Marines experienced. How men climbed into their planes knowing they were not likely to come back is a miracle.

There's a saying in Aviation, "There are no old bold pilots." There must have been a great many OLD 22 year old pilots. This is the story QotS and TFT tells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed P

Ohio
msg tools
mbmb
AlfyB wrote:

I don't mean to be rude, but you're on a thread dedicated to a publisher asking for comparison to a game by another publisher... A more neutral setting, like any of the two games' home pages, might perhaps be more appropriate.

You are absolutely correct. Wasn't trying to stir up any trouble, just trying to make up my mind on which game to purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed P

Ohio
msg tools
mbmb
Cundiff wrote:
I know Dan and Holly Verssen and the "Leader" games. They're nothing like QoTS or TFT. I don't have all of the Leader series, but have many of them. So, I can well make the comparison.

Simply: Apples to Oranges

In TFT or QotS yes you can increase the abilities of your crew members. But it's not in a way similar to most RPG's which provide you a means to follow a "promotion" track. QotS and TFT are more like Random Events than a planned effort on a promotion track.

I like Dan's games. Play them once in a while, especially the Osiris Raid and the Strike on Libya. Fun games for a while. Then they become staid. They're enjoyable ...

BUT they're not QotS or I am sure TFT in which you are praying with every roll that you're not critically damaged and can make it home. That I think is the essence of the games. For the men in the skies, though they had a job to do, each and every one of them were praying to get home. There were a greater percentage of losses in the Air Corps than even the Marines experienced. How men climbed into their planes knowing they were not likely to come back is a miracle.

There's a saying in Aviation, "There are no old bold pilots." There must have been a great many OLD 22 year old pilots. This is the story QotS and TFT tells.

Thank you, that helped. I was leaning TfT based on controlling a single plane but glad to hear there are some things that allow you to upgrade your crew. Heading to order...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Woods
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"A future is something that you make yourself. You have to believe in it."
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just went to Legion's website to see if there was a charge yet for my CPO of Target for Today, but I am not locating any CPO. Is there a specific location I am supposed to look and confirm that my preorder was not lost or anything of the like for the various games I have preordered? Thank you for anyone's assistance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rabidkiwi143 wrote:
So I just went to Legion's website to see if there was a charge yet for my CPO of Target for Today, but I am not locating any CPO. Is there a specific location I am supposed to look and confirm that my preorder was not lost or anything of the like for the various games I have preordered? Thank you for anyone's assistance!

No. Nothing in your account indicates that you paid for your pre-order. All I currently have is my PayPal receipt. The next correspondence I receive should be the shipping email. At least that is how the previous four pre-orders worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Andi,

My apologies for not getting this to all CPO account holders. I did the first half last week and had intended on doing the second half yesterday. So for all that are wondering:

Dear Legionnaire,

As a CPO account holder at Legion Wargames (LWG) I wanted to make you aware of some recent upgrades made to the website. I am very happy to say that a new Online Store has been added to make shopping an easier more pleasant experience, as well as giving you the ability manage your personal information, view your current order status, and see all of your purchasing history.

From this point forward you will have two accounts with LWG.

A CPO account where you can find a list of all games you have on pre-order (nothing has changed here).
A Retail account where you can purchase games.

As part of integrating this new Online Store I have created your new Retail account using the email address and password you used to create your CPO account. Since LWG only stored First/Last/Email that is the only information currently on your Retail account. You will need to fill in your shipping address when you make your first purchase.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at contact@legionwargames.com

Thank you for your support of Legion Wargames.

Randy Lein
Owner - Legion Wargames

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Woods
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"A future is something that you make yourself. You have to believe in it."
mbmbmbmbmb
All seems good, I vaguely remember seeing that message, but I just didn't put two and two together I suppose. Either-way logging in has shown my my CPO's so all is in order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Blozinski
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I just logged into my new and improved website account. It says I have nothing on order.
I have a Paypal receipt that says you accepted my funds for Target for Today.
I think you guys might might need to check on the web site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Andy,

You are all set and ready to receive the game once shipping begins. Because you submitted you payment in April, and the new Online Store didn't roll out until May, you won't see your order there. Going forward all payments will be made through the online store and thus will be part of your account history.

Randy Lein
Owner - Legion Wargames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A Short and Interesting...
...Article ( http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/2006-06-12/news/fort-... ) on the defence of St Elmo which was brought to my attention by one of the playtesters and which has resulted in tweaks to the Barrage and Ranged Fire tables.

These changes will be going out to playtesters this weekend and I issue the latest set of changes in readiness for a week of playtesting at CSWE - commencing a week today.

Both playtesting and pre-orders (now just 7 to go) are progressing nicely. I'm really hopeful that the pre-order numbers will be hit by the end of the Expo.

At the current rate of progress playtesting could be complete before the end of Q3 - all of which looks promising for a 2017 publication date (Randy's schedule permitting).

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RLEIN wrote:
Andy,

You are all set and ready to receive the game once shipping begins. Because you submitted you payment in April, and the new Online Store didn't roll out until May, you won't see your order there. Going forward all payments will be made through the online store and thus will be part of your account history.

Randy Lein
Owner - Legion Wargames

Are we still looking at a May 29, 2017 ship date for Target For Today? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg L

Massachusetts
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Rich - says so on their front page.

Legion War Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rich,

That is correct, except with the 29th being a holiday it will actually commence on the 30th.

Randy Lein

Owner - Legion Wargames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Taylor
United Kingdom
Lowestoft
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy,

You probably saw my message Andy relayed for me concerning my CSW password problem. I am trying to get John Kranz to answer my email but so far no luck. So until he does I cannot log in and provide customer support for my games over there.

I will be here, so if there are any questions in either the Legion, IWAW, or Island War, please have them directed over to BGG. I have a strong feeling John is so busy with the Expo he is not checking or hasn't caught up with his emails, and my situation will continue until after the Expo is over!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Legionnaires,

Don't forget that Target For Today will begin shipping next week. The CPO price is still in effect but only for about two more weeks. Don't miss your chance to get this game, which is simply and purely a thing of beauty, at a very, very, good price.

Shipping will commence with US orders first, followed by international, and lastly EU due to the need to bulk ship those to the UK first. If you ordered Demyansk Shield with Target For Today both games will ship when Demyansk is ready in later June. My apologies for this as I had hoped to have both shipping at the same time but the realities of me being just one person became overwhelmingly apparent this last month.

Some of you I will see next week at the CSW Expo in Tempe, AZ where I will be taking a much needed break from all this wargaming stuff.

Randy Lein - LEGION WARGAMES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Milis
United Kingdom
Cranham
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Woo Hoo!

Great news, just checking, are you sending the uk shippments via Greenland/Iceland as was the historical journey??whistle

All the best!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  130 , 131 , 132 , 133 , 134  Next »  [148] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.