GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,771 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3717 Posts
[1]  Prev «  139 , 140 , 141 , 142 , 143  Next »  [149] | 

Wargames» Forums » Wargaming Press Releases

Subject: Legion Wargames rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
Randy, Kim and the designers/developers should consider investing a bit of time in providing updates on this Geeklist:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/190780/legion-wargames-cu...

2015! Hawkeye, I think that might take a bit more time than I have remaining this year. I remember that being a very nice format for the CPOs but I guess it just never stayed on my radar and truth be told I have trouble just keeping the ones I do update, updated.

Randy Lein - LEGION WARGAMES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geromino Pares
msg tools
mbmbmb
Next CPO Game Releases
Submit Your CPO Now and Save

please have them linked ( they arent linked so I have to find them )

RLEIN wrote:
Quote:
Randy, Kim and the designers/developers should consider investing a bit of time in providing updates on this Geeklist:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/190780/legion-wargames-cu...

2015! Hawkeye, I think that might take a bit more time than I have remaining this year. I remember that being a very nice format for the CPOs but I guess it just never stayed on my radar and truth be told I have trouble just keeping the ones I do update, updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thompson
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
I lose all the games... It's fun but!
badge
... as in addicted to going fast... not the powder stuff... "ADICT" was the licence plate on my bike...
mbmbmbmbmb
Poniske wrote:
I am guessing MAORI WARS will be following THE GREAT GAME & BLENHEIM? whistle

RLEIN wrote:
You are correct.

*secures coin away and waits*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus,

How close are you to having B-26 ready for play testing and publication?

With TFT in my hands, I find myself hungering for B-26, or perhaps Ju-88, or He-111, or Do-17 amongst other possible future variants.

I see a great future for your system and can't wait to get my hands on B-26.

My Best,
Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prairie Aflame

Does anyone have a map file for Prairie Aflame?

I have counter graphics from the game site here, BUT they are sometimes of poor resolution. So, ...

Does anyone also have decent scans of the counters for Prairie Aflame?

Am still trying to learn how to program Vassal, but need these things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tom,

I can get you what you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much, hadn't wanted to bother you with so much for you to do. Care package received. Will begin work instantly.

Have already created the basic Prairie Aflame mod and inserted the map. Need now to size the counter graphics to the map. This could take several hours, but working on it. Everything has so far gone in text book fashion.

By the way, I also have all the graphics for Cufra, which also never had a Vassal mod.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Legionnaires,

I have just updated the Game Support tab on the LWG website for Slouch Hats & Eggshells with the revised rules as just finished by Vance con Borries.

They can be found here: http://www.legionwargames.com/legion_SHE_GS.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prairie Aflame graphics have been prepared. Now to the heart of making a Vassal Mod. Stay Tuned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thompson
United Kingdom
Southsea
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Any news on how TfT is doing at UK customs? Looking forward to getting my mitts on it soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Customs cleared, charges raised and paid. Delivery to me scheduled for Wednesday. This is the biggest ever shipment from LWG to me and I'm not sure what time of day it will arrive - for these two reasons I can't commit to getting them all on their way the same day as I receive them (my normal MO). They should all be on their way sometime between Wednesday and Saturday however.

Thanks to all for their patience.

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Noble
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just not going to bed on Wednesday night should do the trick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prairie Aflame Vassal Module:

Howdy Gents,

After a late night and an early morning I think I have a presentable Prairie Aflame Vassal Module.

One proviso. I watched Toppen? Tappen? video about making a grid overlay. I found myself asking, when have I ever used that? Or at least paid attention to it. In fact I have no memory of paying any attention to it or noticing it. So, I ignored it, which by the way was much simpler.

The map is high resolution as are the counters. Surprisingly the mod still wasn't that large, only 16 mb. There are multiple zoom levels from 10% to 100% in increments of 10. Was never fond of zooms that only allowed two or three levels. I did take Toppen's? advice about creating a border around counters to make them stand out more on a board. So, to that extent, the counters will be a little bit (not much) different than original. You will also find that some of the game markers may be rotated (those that fit on game tracks) as is the Northcote (the steamboat that has to follow rivers). I didn't make fancy graphics for the dice either. I'm old fashioned. I like simplicity.

All the counters will be found under the "Pieces" button separated by Aboriginal, Game Markers, and Dominion of Canada.

I hope this module is functional, but if you find there are errors or something missing, please let me know, and if you have advice on how to make the necessary alteration in Vassal, that too would be helpful. This is my first effort and everyone knows I'm not especially computer literate. So, if you find something in error, I don't mind fixing it, but you might "whisper in my ear" so to speak with advice on how to fix it. If there's an error, it's probably because I didn't know, and didn't know how to do it if I had known of it.

For the moment I'm going to leave it in my DropBox for people to examine and report on my errors. In time I will send it to Andy Loakes for posting at Limey Yank.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kdpj1om49jrsux/Prairie%20Aflame%2...

Please DO feel free to tell me about any foul ups. I DO want to fix them, and learn by them. That's the most important thing here, Learning how to program Vassal.

Next up will be Cufra because somehow it never did get a mod, at least I know of none.

Perhaps, after that, hoping I have gained enough skill, and given that by then Randy hasn't had time yet, I will attempt Demyansk Shield. It's my hope that I can be more helpful to LWG than just being a cheerleader and lending my sizeable electronic library (8000 volumes), not to mention my 3000 volume hardback library to the use of LWG designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Defiance Cufra 1931

Howdy Gents,

Have nearly completed a module for Cufra. I've asked for a solution to a problem over at the Vassal forums. You can see the "small" big problem over there at this link:

http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9942

Can't figure out how to make that counter screen smaller. Other than that, I need to read the Cufra rules to see how many dice are needed to resolve any specific attack. I can't remember how that works. For the moment I've inserted a single six sided dice as a reminder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus K
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Tom,

I think Randy has more details about B-26 than I have. I am play-testing it and am working on details, trying to improve it and finding buggz which need to be fixed.

You can find the JU-88, He-111 and the Do-17 as B-17:QOTS variants. The He-111 has been play-tested and it seems to be working. Need more maps and targets lists before it is done. Not sure if I'll update everything to the B-26 rules.

Magnus.

Cundiff wrote:
Magnus,

How close are you to having B-26 ready for play testing and publication?

With TFT in my hands, I find myself hungering for B-26, or perhaps Ju-88, or He-111, or Do-17 amongst other possible future variants.

I see a great future for your system and can't wait to get my hands on B-26.

My Best,
Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Legionnaires,

If any of you have not watched Bruce Geryk's video covering Dien Bien Phu I strongly urge you to do so. I just finished watching it and would say that not only is DBP a great game among games, this is a great video among videos. The 50 minutes just flew by and the video production, editing, music, footage, all worked together much as all the parts of Kim's design do. My hat is off to both of these fine gentlemen.

Now, since the game is out of print I hope you will sign up on the LWG website to pre-order the the 2nd edition reprint. I only need 150 to make it happen and after this video makes the rounds I hope to easily be half way there.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QpiRz8yLj3o

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RLEIN wrote:
Legionnaires,

If any of you have not watched Bruce Geryk's video covering Dien Bien Phu I strongly urge you to do so. I just finished watching it and would say that not only is DBP a great game among games, this is a great video among videos. The 50 minutes just flew by and the video production, editing, music, footage, all worked together much as all the parts of Kim's design do. My hat is off to both of these fine gentlemen.

Now, since the game is out of print I hope you will sign up on the LWG website to pre-order the the 2nd edition reprint. I only need 150 to make it happen and after this video makes the rounds I hope to easily be half way there.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QpiRz8yLj3o

I watched the video last night- and put in my pre-order immediately after. As you said, great video. I look forward to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gentlemen & Ladies,

I'm delighted to advise that ALL EU/UK CPOs for TFT are now on their way to their final destination. They arrived just after 10 this morning which meant, with (if I do say so myself) a near Herculean effort, I was able to process them all by late lunchtime. Had they arrived late in the day then I fear it may well have been Saturday before they were on their way.

So, once again, thanks for your patience.

Andy

PS A couple of non-CPO orders for TFT came in whilst I was at the Post Office - these will be sent over the next day or two.

PPS Any orders awaiting the arrival of Demyansk have also been shipped - they reached me late yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
W├╝rzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mb
See, and I just started looking for a copy due to Bruce's video...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Legionnaries,

Please join me in giving three cheers to Andy Loakes for not only getting all TFT orders shipped out today, but also for his companionship as I worked through the long, much too long, and arduous journey that was getting this bulk order of games from the US to the UK, through customs, and to his doorstep. A huge weight has been lifted as this is the first time in the 8 years since I started LWG that I felt I let the customers down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RLEIN wrote:
Legionnaries,

Please join me in giving three cheers to Andy Loakes for not only getting all TFT orders shipped out today, but also for his companionship as I worked through the long, much too long, and arduous journey that was getting this bulk order of games from the US to the UK, through customs, and to his doorstep. A huge weight has been lifted as this is the first time in the 8 years since I started LWG that I felt I let the customers down.

Randy,

You'll hopefully excuse me giving the customers a little insight as to what happened here - as I don't think you should beat yourself up over this.

As many will be aware, LWG's production of TFT was not typical. Randy had found someone who would handle most of the production, the collation and the shipping - a massive benefit for Randy given the volume of orders for this title, and perhaps the only realistic way to 'make it happen'.

This third party shipped not only the direct orders (e.g. US customers), they also shipped to me so that LWG could continue to offer its EU Friendly Shipping Service. This third party shipped the game on schedule and provided the service Randy had expected.

The problems arose because no one (not Randy, not the third party and not I) had appreciated that complications would arise due to the fact that the delivery would be via 'air freight' and that this was processed from a Customs and Excise perspective, differently from a normal USPS/RM shipment.

I'll not bore you with the detail but there was toing and froing between Randy, myself, the freight handler and HMRC, over several days, trying to get this sorted. Eventually we got there and then everything went (at least) as smoothly as normal.

The good news is that, now we know what is expected of us, if we were to take this route again it will be straightforward and, I suspect, even quicker than the usual method.

Hopefully I'll not get a ticking off from randy for spilling the beans, but hopefully most of you will agree that the oversight was not unreasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos to you, Andy !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thompson
United Kingdom
Southsea
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Thanks to both Randy and Andy for doing all this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy Magnus,

I can't find any variants for B-17 for the He-111, or Ju-88, or Do-17 on either BGG or Grognards. Might you provide a link to those? I never thought of them long range strategic bombers, that's why I was hoping they'd show up as variants for your B-26 game some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Garnett
United Kingdom
Horley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice one Andy - what's your target for tomorrow devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  139 , 140 , 141 , 142 , 143  Next »  [149] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.