Recommend
251 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3696 Posts
[1]  Prev «  144 , 145 , 146 , 147 , 148  Next »  [148] | 

Wargames» Forums » Wargaming Press Releases

Subject: Legion Wargames rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RLEIN wrote:
Tom, et al,

I will do my best to get all your questions answered so that the vassal module can be completed in a timely manner. I'll touch base with Vance and pick his brain a bit. Thanks for all your work on this thus far.

Randy Lein

See if you can persuade Vance to subscribe to the BGG/CSW threads for his games and address questions directly - rather than you having to be the middle-man, Randy. It'll save you time (you have far more important (Legion) things to be doing) and will avoid misunderstandings/frustrations.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Noble
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cundiff wrote:
There are still unanswered questions over at the Demyansk forums.

This isn't because the guys at Legion are slacking, it's because they cannot monitor 3 dozen places at once. As I've said before, there needs to be ONE place where Legionnaires can come to get answers about their games so Randy and his design teams need check ONLY ONE place at BGG to service their customers.

You guys who get upset about posts in the wrong place are going to have to suck it up and accept the fact that there needs to be ONE place for such questions and not complain.

I'm going to go over to the Demyansk forums and post once more because the lack of answers to these questions is slowing up the building of the Demyansk Vassal Module.




For individual designers it is not an issue.
Myself and Godfrey Bailey monitor all Redvers Reverse BGG threads and the folder on CSW.
We don't monitor other Legion games, at least not in the capacity of being able to answer questions.

Randy cannot be expected to pick up on every thread.

What we most definitely do not want is rules being asked for all games in the same place
That would be chaos
10 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sten Stenson Sten
Sweden
flag msg tools
> I hate to sound like a snowflake

Take it from someone that has lived in the wintery parts of the world for close to half a century. Snowflakes dont make sounds, they are dead silent and actually muffles sounds. So stop this hating yourself, it will just make you miserable.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sten Stenson Sten
Sweden
flag msg tools
geoff999rugby wrote:
Cundiff wrote:
There are still unanswered questions over at the Demyansk forums.

This isn't because the guys at Legion are slacking, it's because they cannot monitor 3 dozen places at once. As I've said before, there needs to be ONE place where Legionnaires can come to get answers about their games so Randy and his design teams need check ONLY ONE place at BGG to service their customers.

You guys who get upset about posts in the wrong place are going to have to suck it up and accept the fact that there needs to be ONE place for such questions and not complain.

I'm going to go over to the Demyansk forums and post once more because the lack of answers to these questions is slowing up the building of the Demyansk Vassal Module.




For individual designers it is not an issue.
Myself and Godfrey Bailey monitor all Redvers Reverse BGG threads and the folder on CSW.
We don't monitor other Legion games, at least not in the capacity of being able to answer questions.

Randy cannot be expected to pick up on every thread.

What we most definitely do not want is rules being asked for all games in the same place
That would be chaos


This, keep the gamespecific questions to their gamepage or the Legion page will loose it's advantage it has over the non-threaded Consim mess.
7 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
liberate vos ex infernis
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
Avatar
mb
Snowfox wrote:
This, keep the gamespecific questions to their gamepage or the Legion page will loose it's advantage it has over the non-threaded Consim mess.


Game specific forums look as if they are well abandoned, at least by designer himself.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:
Snowfox wrote:
This, keep the gamespecific questions to their gamepage or the Legion page will loose it's advantage it has over the non-threaded Consim mess.


Game specific forums look as if they are well abandoned, at least by designer himself.

But then the designer of that game is not here either.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
liberate vos ex infernis
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
Avatar
mb
andyloakes wrote:
But then the designer of that game is not here either.


Apart from discussion about presence--or lack of thereof--of designers or specific games, are there any news worth sharing? How close is Burma to publishing? I am too scared to ask about Maori Wars.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Noble
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Randy is well able to speak for himself but my understanding is after Great Game and Blenheim next up are the Pearl Harbour Game and Maori Wars

Nemesis (the Burma game) is on a different time track as it will be printed elsewhere
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harper
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
geoff999rugby wrote:

Nemesis (the Burma game) is on a different time track as it will be printed elsewhere


What??? And where might that be?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he means same publisher-Legion, different printing house being used.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Noble
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Exactly that is why I said printed elsewhere not published elsewhere
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
United States
Huron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
geoff999rugby wrote:
Exactly that is why I said printed elsewhere not published elsewhere


I'd like to buy an argument, please.


For those not of my culture/generation, this is a Monty Python reference. For the rest of you, "you're welcome."
7 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
I am called Huginn..., or is it Muninn..., I forget...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveM1 wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:
Exactly that is why I said printed elsewhere not published elsewhere


I'd like to buy an argument, please.


For those not of my culture/generation, this is a Monty Python reference. For the rest of you, "you're welcome."


Do you want to have the full argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?

I wonder if there are any details available, such as what months or seasons or quarters we're talking about here. It sounds like there's a bit of re-tooling going on and I'm curious as to whether "The Great Game" will actually be out this year (I've sort of given up on "Maori Wars" for 2017, but I'd love to be wrong about that).

I know Randy doesn't want to commit to dates he might miss (and that's perfectly fine by me), just wondered if there were any signs of hope...
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Demyansk Vassal is done and sent to Randy. I have suggested he send it to a few players to test to insure it works to his satisfaction.

This mod had a steep learning curve. But I did learn a whole lot. Hopefully it will mean I will get better and better at this so future Legion games will have mods released closer to publication.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, Lee,

I still have all my fingers and toes crossed for 2017!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harper
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveM1 wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:
Exactly that is why I said printed elsewhere not published elsewhere


I'd like to buy an argument, please.


For those not of my culture/generation, this is a Monty Python reference. For the rest of you, "you're welcome."



One of my favorite Monty Python skits! Still funny today.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
I am called Huginn..., or is it Muninn..., I forget...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pavobueno wrote:
DaveM1 wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:
Exactly that is why I said printed elsewhere not published elsewhere


I'd like to buy an argument, please.


For those not of my culture/generation, this is a Monty Python reference. For the rest of you, "you're welcome."


One of my favorite Monty Python skits! Still funny today.
"No it isn't!"
(final reference - by me anyway)

Quote:
I still have all my fingers and toes crossed for 2017!
Sounds uncomfortable John. I hope you'll be able to uncoil soon
(although my magic 8-ball says "the signs point to no")
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received from Nils what I hope to be the final Maori Wars map:

http://kangerproject.com/MW/MW.jpg

I have also done what I hope is the final editing of MW rules.

So, go and do some final preorders for this baby:

http://www.legionwargames.com/legion_maori_wars.html
17 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
liberate vos ex infernis
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
Avatar
mb
kanger wrote:
I just received from Nils what I hope to be the final Maori Wars map:

http://kangerproject.com/MW/MW.jpg


Border lines are very prominent but it still remains one of the prettiest board in wargaming hobby. Thanks for sharing!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Kahrl
United States
Unionville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to Maori Wars after Blenheim... do we have any sense yet of the publication dates for either?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:
kanger wrote:
I just received from Nils what I hope to be the final Maori Wars map:

http://kangerproject.com/MW/MW.jpg


Border lines are very prominent but it still remains one of the prettiest board in wargaming hobby. Thanks for sharing!

If its not too late, I think toning those borders down a little (or changing the colour) would make all the difference. But agree that come what may its one of the most beautiful game maps ever.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
andyloakes wrote:
grouchysmurf wrote:
kanger wrote:
I just received from Nils what I hope to be the final Maori Wars map:

http://kangerproject.com/MW/MW.jpg


Border lines are very prominent but it still remains one of the prettiest board in wargaming hobby. Thanks for sharing!

If its not too late, I think toning those borders down a little (or changing the colour) would make all the difference. But agree that come what may its one of the most beautiful game maps ever.

I know of another design that LWG published that has a very pretty map whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrJork wrote:
andyloakes wrote:
grouchysmurf wrote:
kanger wrote:
I just received from Nils what I hope to be the final Maori Wars map:

http://kangerproject.com/MW/MW.jpg


Border lines are very prominent but it still remains one of the prettiest board in wargaming hobby. Thanks for sharing!

If its not too late, I think toning those borders down a little (or changing the colour) would make all the difference. But agree that come what may its one of the most beautiful game maps ever.

I know of another design that LWG published that has a very pretty map whistle


If you mean Toulon, I have to be honest and say that having seen the earlier version of the MW map, I was so glad that we were not being published at the same time. I'm very, very, proud of that map but the MW one does put it in the shade somewhat.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
I am called Huginn..., or is it Muninn..., I forget...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
andyloakes wrote:
grouchysmurf wrote:
kanger wrote:
I just received from Nils what I hope to be the final Maori Wars map:

http://kangerproject.com/MW/MW.jpg


Border lines are very prominent but it still remains one of the prettiest board in wargaming hobby. Thanks for sharing!

If its not too late, I think toning those borders down a little (or changing the colour) would make all the difference. But agree that come what may its one of the most beautiful game maps ever.


Maybe it's just the pic, but those borders do seem awfully "prominent". Doesn't really matter much either way (to me) but it would be nice if they could be a little subtler.

But not if it means a delay!

And the map for "Toulon" is a work of art. You should be proud.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
andyloakes wrote:
grouchysmurf wrote:
kanger wrote:
I just received from Nils what I hope to be the final Maori Wars map:

http://kangerproject.com/MW/MW.jpg


Border lines are very prominent but it still remains one of the prettiest board in wargaming hobby. Thanks for sharing!

If its not too late, I think toning those borders down a little (or changing the colour) would make all the difference. But agree that come what may its one of the most beautiful game maps ever.


Rotating the text for Waikato and Central Interior by 180 degrees would also improve the overall symmetry of the map. As it stands, the text in those regions is "upside down" relative to the overall flow of map text.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  144 , 145 , 146 , 147 , 148  Next »  [148] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.