GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,485 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3717 Posts
[1]  Prev «  145 , 146 , 147 , 148 , 149  Next »  [149] | 

Wargames» Forums » Wargaming Press Releases

Subject: Legion Wargames rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the final map
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nils and Kim have both done yeoman work and I could not be more pleased to FINALLY see the birth of this baby whose idea was born waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2002, shuffled between three publishers and four artists. Glad to see Legion being able to lay claim to that beautiful map!

Oh, and I forgot to add - get that beautiful map (and the game that comes along with it) while the getting is still only $40. Pretty cheap, Randy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gotthard Heinrici (prev. Graf Strachwitz)
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see Blenheim and The great Game are in production!! Finally Blenheim made it!! Any idea when the games will ship?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Game, Great news
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etien
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
SOLITAIRE
badge
WARGAMER
mbmbmbmbmb
CPO'd

Heart of Darkness
Maori Wars: The New Zealand Land Wars, 1845-1872
A Glorious Chance: The Naval Struggle for Lake Ontario in the War of 1812
The Great Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cicero
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have CPOs in for Miracle at Dunkerque, A Glorious Chance, and Berlin Airlift.

Berlin Airlift still needs more orders, but the other two have made their targets. Is there any kind of projection as to when they might be complete? Not looking to hold anyone to anything, I'm just kind of curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Legionnaires,

I won't go into all the details but some ongoing family issues have turned my summer/fall plans upside down. Originally I had hoped The Great Game, along with Picket Duty 2 would be releasing now, followed closely by Blenheim. At this point I am 4 - 6 weeks behind so look for the first two in the latter half of November and Blenheim sometime after that.

As for the next batch, Maori Wars and Pearl Harbor, January seems more realistic given all things and the holidays.

One of the disadvantages of running a one many company.

Thank you for your support of Legion Wargames.

Randy Lein
Owner - Legion Wargames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
keep it up Randy.
there's plenty of games to bridge the gap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pluto
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got Target for Today. I notice that the rules found on Legion's site our outdate. They are version 1.0, whereas mr. Dixon has uploaded 1.1 on his site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
plutonick wrote:
Just got Target for Today. I notice that the rules found on Legion's site our outdate. They are version 1.0, whereas mr. Dixon has uploaded 1.1 on his site.

Hi Nick. Thanks for letting us all know. Can you provide a link to Steve's site as I suspect it may be some time before Randy can get around to addressing this (see his post upstream).

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Clark

Coralville
Iowa
msg tools
mbmb
I watched Dien Bien Phu: The Final Gamble being played at the AAC Con in Dallas a couple weeks ago. I just want to say that I was stunned by the game. I had bypassed getting this when it came out because I thought it was more on the beer and pretzel end of complexity (I didn't really look into it in detail). It is anything but. There is a lot of depth to the game.

So anyway, I have the 2nd Ed. on pre-order. This is a definite "must-get" for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cccjclark27 wrote:
I watched Dien Bien Phu: The Final Gamble being played at the AAC Con in Dallas a couple weeks ago. I just want to say that I was stunned by the game. I had bypassed getting this when it came out because I thought it was more on the beer and pretzel end of complexity (I didn't really look into it in detail). It is anything but. There is a lot of depth to the game.

So anyway, I have the 2nd Ed. on pre-order. This is a definite "must-get" for me.

In the same boat. I too recently pre-ordered the 2d Ed. Hope others realize the same things, as we're halfway to the 150 orders needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy Gents,

As Randy has other commitments and/or difficulties, I'm going to post the Demyansk Shield Vassal Mod to my DropBox account. I'll leave it up to you gents to determine if it has any defects and to tell me what they are if any. I'm going to leave it in my own DropBox for a week (let's say the 27th). That ought to give you all an opportunity to play it and critique it.

Andy,

You're free to load the thing to your Limey Yank's Vassal Mods if you desire. You might just wait until we hear if it has any errors in it though.

Demyansk Shield Vassal Module

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx9yj0qzv3pyhon/Demyansk%20Shield%...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cundiff wrote:
Andy,

You're free to load the thing to your Limey Yank's Vassal Mods if you desire. You might just wait until we hear if it has any errors in it though.

Thanks Tom. Give me the nod when you're happy with it and I'll be delighted to host it.

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tom,

I'm passing it along to a veteran Vassal module creator, and a fan of the game, tonight and he is going to look it over. He thought it could be turned around quite quickly so stay tuned.

Randy Lein
Owner - Legion Wargames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pluto
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andyloakes wrote:
plutonick wrote:

Hi Nick. Thanks for letting us all know. Can you provide a link to Steve's site as I suspect it may be some time before Randy can get around to addressing this (see his post upstream).

Andy

sure

http://www.stevenkdixon.com/TFT_errata.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nick,

Thanks for the info and the nudge. I have added a link to Steve's private website which has all current errata.

Randy Lein
Owner - Legion Wargames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy Randy,

In that case, I will remove the file from my DropBox and await the work of your expert.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Legionnaires,

The final Vassal module for Demyansk Shield is in the hands of Andy Loakes and will be posted on the LYG website with his upcoming November update.

Thanks to Tom for all his work on this his first Vassal module.

Randy Lein - LEGION WARGAMES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As always, a pleasure to be of service both to you, Legion Wargames, the Legionnaires, and the hobby.

Your Humble Servant,
Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RLEIN wrote:
and will be posted on the LYG website with his upcoming November update.

Which will be this coming Saturday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Legionnaires,

Well after almost a month I guess it's time to get this thread rolling again.

I hope to send out an email to all CPO customers this long weekend outlining the current schedule of CPO releases to include news that due to some outside personal issues Picket Duty and Blenheim 1704 will not make a 2017 release as I had hoped. However, the counters are die-cut and the boxes arrive on Monday so the delay should be short and I'm aiming for a late January release for both games.

For those wondering, The Great Game is on track for a December release baring any more of the pesky outside personal issues.

And other wondering about Maori Wars will be happy to hear that Kim Kanger and John Poniske have wrapped up all their work and all that remains is a small bit of artwork/layout. In fact the counters were just finished this week and will be going into production shortly. A good number of the other components are finished as well so the wait for this one is nearing an end. It would be great to have this available in February/March. Possibly sooner. The counter sheets can be seen here:

Randy Lein - LEGION WARGAMES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Breakout Normandy, Fields of Fire! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
RLEIN wrote:

And other wondering about Maori Wars will be happy to hear that Kim Kanger and John Poniske have wrapped up all their work and all that remains is a small bit of artwork/layout. In fact the counters were just finished this week and will be going into production shortly. A good number of the other components are finished as well so the wait for this one is nearing an end. It would be great to have this available in February/March. Possibly sooner. The counter sheets can be seen here:

Lovely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harper
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RLEIN wrote:

I hope to send out an email to all CPO customers this long weekend outlining the current schedule of CPO releases to include news that due to some outside personal issues Picket Duty and Blenheim 1704 will not make a 2017 release as I had hoped.

Hello, Randy!

I very much know that you very well may still be having some issues that preclude you from sending out your notice about the current schedule of CPO releases. But just in case I have somehow missed it, has it come out yet?

Best regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy may correct me if I'm wrong, but the schedule is more or less this:

The Great Game in December/January

Maori wars in January/February

Nemesis in February/March

Blenheim and Picket Duty (reprint) this coming spring
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  145 , 146 , 147 , 148 , 149  Next »  [149] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.