Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it does help explain the obesity epidemic in the west. it's not overeating, but Auto-deformaties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems he's suggesting that a woman shouldn't even sit down. She should be on her back or standing up. And while she's up, she should bring him a sandwich.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
By extension, he's suggesting that a woman shouldn't even sit down. She should be on her back or standing up. And while she's up, she should bring him a sandwich.
No, it's the motion of the car combined with sitting down and moving all those limbs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just readin' between the lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
Just readin' between the lines.
That can also cause similar problems, get out of the foot well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Here's a helpful PSA for all you women considering getting behind the wheel at some point in the future. If you love your potential children, you won't do it.

Quote:
Saudi women seeking to challenge a de facto ban on driving should realize that this could affect their ovaries and pelvises, Sheikh Salah al-Luhaydan, also a psychologist, told Saudi news website sabq.org.

Driving “could have a reverse physiological impact. Physiological science and functional medicine studied this side [and found] that it automatically affects ovaries and rolls up the pelvis. This is why we find for women who continuously drive cars their children are born with clinical disorders of varying degrees,” Sheikh al-Luhaydan said.

Some Saudi activists, who apparently hate children, are encouraging Saudi women to drive in protest of the de facto ban and destroy their ovaries and pelvises.

Quote:
Saudi female activists have launched an online campaign urging women to drive on Oct. 26.

More than 11,000 women have signed the oct26driving.com declaration that says: “Since there are no clear justifications for the state to ban adult, capable women from driving. We call for enabling women to have driving tests and for issuing licenses for those who pass.”

"No clear justifications" they say? Well, if mutilating their pelvises and having deformed, debilitated children isn't enough for them, I guess there's nothing in their minds that would justify these women from being denied a little freedom to destroy the planet with their gas-guzzling death machines. Selfish pricks.

Pricks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those Saudi's know how to party like it's 1499
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
The funny thing is that several US states have enacted unconstitutional abortion restrictions based on arguments for women's safety that are fully as ridiculous as the logic in the article. But I guess it's only stupid when Muslims do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

You didn't have to go back more than two centuries to make that point.

Besides, anyone in Saudi Arabia rich enough to own a car is also rich enough to employ a chauffeur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
scribidinus wrote:
Seems he's suggesting that a woman shouldn't even sit down. She should be on her back or standing up. And while she's up, she should bring him a sandwich.

But, maybe not, also, a beer.

Not in Saudi Arabia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
scribidinus wrote:

Not in Saudi Arabia
Can Muslims drink alcohol free beer (not sure what the point is, but there we are)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
whac3 wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
scribidinus wrote:

Not in Saudi Arabia
Can Muslims drink alcohol free beer (not sure what the point is, but there we are)?

As far as I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

You didn't have to go back more than two centuries to make that point.

Besides, anyone in Saudi Arabia rich enough to own a car is also rich enough to employ a chauffeur.

But not a female chauffeur; that would be bad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robigo wrote:
The funny thing is that several US states have enacted unconstitutional abortion restrictions based on arguments for women's safety that are fully as ridiculous as the logic in the article. But I guess it's only stupid when Muslims do it.

Your logic is clearly flawed. There are no rights guaranteed to women drivers in the constitution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
whac3 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
whac3 wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
scribidinus wrote:

Not in Saudi Arabia

As far as I know.

I know this ex-Marine guy who has this story about being stationed near there. Apparently, the British Navy ignored the local law and drank off-shore. Not the US Navy. He is fond of this story that I'm about 99% sure is total bullshit. He claims that they'd sit and drink O'Douls which has a very small amount of alcohol in it for preservative. They'd piss for days afterwards because you needed to drink tons of them to get a buzz. Like I said. I'm pretty sure he was just seeing how gullible we are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
scribidinus wrote:

Only a metaphorical beer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:

I know this ex-Marine guy who has this story about being stationed near there. Apparently, the British Navy ignored the local law and drank off-shore. Not the US Navy. He is fond of this story that I'm about 99% sure is total bullshit. He claims that they'd sit and drink O'Douls which has a very small amount of alcohol in it for preservative. They'd piss for days afterwards because you needed to drink tons of them to get a buzz. Like I said. I'm pretty sure he was just seeing how gullible we are.

No it's true. When I was stationed in Saudi in 91 it was the same way. Some guys would drink O'Douls by the 12 pack and claim to get a buzz. I never tried since O'Douls tastes like shit anyway and isn't worth even the psychosomatic buzz. If you got lucky you could get over to Bahrain to drink.

EDIT: One memory I have of this time that sticks with me is seeing a picture in the Stars & Stripes (military newspaper, maybe it wasn't the S&S, but that's what my memory coughs up) of the German Navy loading a pallet of beer onto one of their ships before deploying to the Gulf and being very jealous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
MENTE, MANU ET INSTRUMENTUM
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
she2 wrote:

No it's true. When I was stationed in Saudi in 91 it was the same way. Some guys would drink O'Douls by the 12 pack and claim to get a buzz. I never tried since O'Douls tastes like shit anyway and isn't worth even the psychosomatic buzz. If you got lucky you could get over to Bahrain to drink.

EDIT: One memory I have of this time that sticks with me is seeing a picture in the Stars & Stripes (military newspaper, maybe it wasn't the S&S, but that's what my memory coughs up) of the German Navy loading a pallet of beer onto one of their ships before deploying to the Gulf and being very jealous.

That doesn't really count with respect to Germans. Beer is a breakfast staple like orange juice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
isaacc wrote:
That doesn't really count with respect to Germans. Beer is a breakfast staple like orange juice.

It isn't really, even in Bavaria, except on holidays when "Frühschoppen" takes place (beer breakfast). But beer is usually not drunk on workday mornings.

What is true however is that beer is a registered staple food in Bavaria, which among other things means that beer is part of a soldier's ration. Pre-modern warfare, Bavarian troops had a notoriety for not marching until they received their beer rations, for example during the Austro-Prussian War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
TheChin! wrote:
she2 wrote:

Wow, okay, I was so sure he was fucking with me with that story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:

Marines do talk a lot of shit, but that story does have precedent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
she2 wrote:

Wow, this thread just randomly upgraded to [S]!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.