Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » General

Subject: Promo cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J.A. Pollock
United States
springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any kind souls out there willing to sell/trade either of the two promo cards? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fromper Fromper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt you'll get any takers, but I figured I'd post to point something out.

These promo cards are going for $15-20+ each on eBay right now, which I find hilarious, given that you can get them cheaper directly from Paizo! Just sign up for the subscription of the game, and the promo cards are included. If your first shipment of the subscription is the base set and/or character add-on deck, then you get the first two promo cards that are already available.

Obviously, none of us wants to buy a second base set just for this, but getting the character add-on that way costs about $20, because the shipping cost pretty much cancels out the subscription discount. That means you're getting both promo cards cheaper than you would probably pay for either one on eBay, plus an extra character add-on deck that you can sell to a friend to recoup some of your cost, once you get your friends hooked on the game.

And you can cancel your subscription at any time, if you choose not to continue getting the new adventure packs, with the promo card, every two months.

Disclaimer: I may sound like a commercial advertisement, but I don't actually work for Paizo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Slotten
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have extra of the Con promo, Fire Sneeze. If you don't go the subscription route, send me your address via Geekmail and I'll send you one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Fromper wrote:
Just sign up for the subscription of the game, and the promo cards are included.

If only that were true... I just tried to sign up for a subscription, and when I got to the payment page I got a notification about how the promos have been removed from my purchase because they are no longer available.

*$@£?#!!! promos! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Fromper wrote:
Just sign up for the subscription of the game, and the promo cards are included.

If only that were true... I just tried to sign up for a subscription, and when I got to the payment page I got a notification about how the promos have been removed from my purchase because they are no longer available.

*$@£?#!!! promos! shake

I got that message, too, but customer service assured me they would be included with my sub, and they were.
For sure, you should contact them before purchasing (as I made my purchase two weeks ago), but it's worth a shot.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome thanks Tim & Tim! i've sent an email to customer service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narius Varigor
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same issue here, with a notice that the promo cards would not be shipped. I hope I receive them, but I'm not worried about it. I plan to enjoy the game either way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
awesome thanks Tim & Tim! i've sent an email to customer service!

As an update, the customer service rep at paizo says that yes, I can get still get them for the subscription, but *only* if i start my subscription with the character add on deck. of course, i already own the character add on deck, so... great

I'm back to my original feelings on the subject:

*$@£?#!!! promos! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, the price of an extra Character deck is probably cheaper than you'll be able to find the promos on eBay.....
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really. Shipping from the North America to Malta for this subscription is very pricey. More than doubles the cost of the expansion in the first place. I was thinking I might be willing to eat that for the promos, but now to get a bunch of cards I have no use for on top of it is just too much.

*$@£?#!!! promos! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not relevant, but the game plays perfectly well without the promos. They're hardly mandatory. Although if you do get them, you can scalp them on feebay for profit (might even pay for the expansions themselves)... so ymmv.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Brøchner
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to get the promos too, but because of the Danish import VAT, it will just be to expensive for me to get them.

I can buy for up to $14 without getting hit by the import VAT and fees
As soon the price comes over $14 I'll have to pay 25% import VAT and a $29 fee to the Danish postal System.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.