Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Smith
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an opportunity to meet up with the South Arlington Gamers at Target and demo Railways Express. As I was setting up the game, I had two guys (Rod and Kurt) immediately come over and take a look. Both of them were eager to give it a try so we played a three player game.

Rod began the game as the blue player, me playing red and Kurt playing purple. Although yellow was out to be played, no other players joined us before we got started. We played with both decks of cards to get the full experience.

The game started off a little slow for Kurt as the dice rolls weren't in his favor. Purple starts near lots of water and he was having a tough time finding a way around it without the proper rolls.

I took an early lead connecting to many of the smaller cities and gaining re-roll cubes. But, as luck would have it my lead slowly faded as I had to be inventive with my tracks thanks to the dice rolls.

Rod was the first to catch up, spreading his track north and west to link two of his other cities. Kurt was making progress but was still lagging behind a little as he got stuck in the Appalachian mountains. All of us managed to link 3 of the 4 cities. Kurt and I began a race to the west while Rod was heading east. All 3 of us were fighting over space in the Dakotas and Montana providing us with spaghetti track all crossing each other. As well, we started getting a little more cutthroat playing cards that prevented building track where we wanted.

In the end, I was able to eek out a win. All three of us were within a turn or two of winning, so it was a very exciting finish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.