W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
I ask because BGG currently lists Time's Up! and the many Time's Up! Blue editions on separate pages, but should they be separate? I understand that the cards are different — that is, the Québec version and the Spanish version and the English version of the game all feature different people — but having different character cards doesn't make the game play any different.

(I realize that, say, Time's Up! Academy might feature identical gameplay to Time's Up! with the famous people replaced by movies and TV shows, but right now I want to focus on the "regular" English edition of the game and the various "Blue" editions. The Time's Up! page already has a couple of blue editions on it, so I suspect they're all the same, but I wanted to ask players to get their opinions — assuming that people have played the game in multiple languages, of course! Any comments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doom 18
Spain
Can Pastilla
Illes Balears
flag msg tools
¡¡¡A por el próximo!!!
badge
¡Ouch!
mbmbmbmbmb
No answer? Maybe to this: what's the difference between blue and yellow editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I haven't played the game in multiple languages I think I can still answer your question with a definite 'yes'!

I own the older German version of Time's Up! Blue edition and have just browsed through all the cards. Of course there are many internationally known names on the cards. But there are also many names of German singers or actors, some of which have only appeared on German television. So it's fairly unlikely that someone from another country has ever heard of them.

Based on that I'd say that while being tailored to the country they were released in all, the Time's Up! Blue editions still feature the very same gameplay and topic (persons).

Time's Up! Academy however should be much closer to Time's Up! Title Recall than to the original Time's Up! due to the different topic. Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.