Subject: Proposed Rules Modification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R Snyder
United States
Danville
Virginia
flag msg tools
I recently played Scenario 8 (Delaying Action), and I ran into a slight problem. My advancing Soviets could move their artillery up and then use it in indirect fire against the defending Jager division. My Germans, though, were faced with a conundrum--fire the artillery units in defense and preserve the units which the Soviets attacked but pin themselves in place, or hold their fire so they could retreat and condemn the maneuver battalions. It didn't seem right that either side could move then fire their artillery offensively, and the Soviets could move then fire defensively but NATO couldn't, so I tried this out. I allowed NATO artillery on its fired side to flip back to its moving side, but with a fired marker. It seemed to work pretty well. If any of you try this, let me know how it goes.

Technically, whenever I say NATO I mean Second Side, and whenever I say Soviet I mean First Side, but since they're the same in all but one scenario...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andre brandt
msg tools
best way to resolve this issue (amongst many other personal home rules I invented for this game):

dont flip a fired artillery : use homemade markers to mark those who fired : after having fired they simply retain their movement allowance ! (and consider the "fired" side of counter simply an "immobile" side like other maneuver units, retaining its "normal" A factor in lieu of 0)

example :

an M-109 unit would be :

3-2 mobile side (like normally)
3/2 immobile side (replacing the "F" 0/2 side)

also interesting addition : arty units with red movement allowance should be on the immobile side (setted up) to be allowed to fire, and shall not fire if on mobile side (hooked at a truck for movement)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.