Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Get cool game inserts at www.inserthere.me
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I'd share a foam core insert I made for the original box that stores it and the urban structures expansion. I'm completely NEW at this - this is only my third attempt - but I'm really enjoying making these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Williams
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love seeing what other people can do with foam core, because what I can do with it never ends up as cool as this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark - thank you. This was new for me - and this one was my 3rd attempt. I was REAL nervous to try this out because I feared the glue wouldn't keep. Well, I was completely wrong. I used, from Hobby Lobby, "The Fine Touch" Art Adhesive. It comes in a 8 fl oz bottle and claims to be for "Cardboard, Felt, Wood, Fabric, Paper, Ceramics & More"

I swear by it now. I've spent SO much money in Plano boxes - and there's just been so many times where either the Plano Box wouldn't allow you to close the lid entirely - or it just wasn't the right fit for everything. With foam core - I can just tailor it to each specific box.

Thank you for the compliment!
Rob

PS - My fear is how getting my KStarter expansion will modify this. I'll probably need to rethink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Williams
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm never a fan of the included insert and most games end up in plano boxes of various sizes, and the insert in the bin. My biggest problem is cutting to the right shape. Usually ending in three attempts for each piece and still ending up like a cat chewed it. That and finding a hobby store nearby that sells it (i gave up on that and just order on ebay now). It's getting better though as I upgrade my knife and I'll have lots of practice as I can't seem to be able to stop buying games (and don't even get me started on expansions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it looked great when I saw the first picture, and then when I saw it was a tray, I loved it! Great job!

Have you considered running some ribbon underneath, sling-style, to let you lift it out more easily?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott - you ROCK! No, I hadn't thought of that. And I've struggled with some of the bigger sets I've made. I'm in the middle of making one for Defenders of the Realm, and it's heavy. The glue holds great, but I've feared the added stress from grabbing edges and lifting it out....the ribbon is a GREAT idea.

Thanks SO much!
Rob

ps I posted a couple others in the Star Wars X Wing thread and the Police Precinct thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I could help. Be sure to post a pic if it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.M. Proc
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I'd throw my plano box storage in here... I can fit all the chits and maps from the base game plus the 2nd story expansion in the box for the base game...

Chits, from left to right, starting in the back
Back Row
(-) Firemen
(-) Ambulances and Fire Trucks
(-) [2nd Story] Action Point Markers

1st Row Down
(-) [2nd Story] Windows
(-) Doors
(-) [2nd Story] Explosion
(-) Dice
(-) [2nd Story] Special Action Markers
(-) [2nd Story] Ladders

2nd Row Down
(-) Damage Cubes
(-) Hazards and Paramedic
(-) Smoke/Fire

Bottom Row
(-) Saved Action Points
(-) Hot Spots
(-) Points of Interest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Memphis Katz
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just come across this several years later and it's brilliant. I enjoy making inserts too but you seem to have an eye for it. Something i will have to make for my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.