tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
“This ability to read patterns, sometimes referred to as ‘tells,’ is part of what enables the best players to make so-called ‘lucky’ draws work for them. This is also the kind of player who can make the game within a game of Caïssa pieces work the best."

Even Damon believes there are tells in this game... Glad I'm not alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody said that there are zero tells in Netrunner, we just rejected your claim to be the genetic template for the dang Nisei series laugh

In fact, most of us who've disagreed with you have said that there are more tells than you think: whereas you've defined them narrowly in terms of frustrated faces and dramatic sighs (as though the secret to good F2F play is to act our the role of a poker player in some bad community production), I think Damon's much vaguer and seemingly more inclusive characterization would surely also count "OCTGN tells," for example, a slightly longer pause before clicking a button.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes, a pause in a mouse click would send up red flags.

octgn chat:
player 1: "brb, restroom."
player 2: "ok, np."

player 2 thoughts: (that's a tell, I must have him on the ropes because he needs time to think over his strategy, HAHA! I have you know.)

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
“This ability to read patterns, sometimes referred to as ‘tells,’ is part of what enables the best players to make so-called ‘lucky’ draws work for them. This is also the kind of player who can make the game within a game of Caïssa pieces work the best."

I don't know if it's a tell, maybe a reverse tell.

But when runner access my HQ I always make sure to look slightly nervous, and breathe a sigh of relief, even if there's nothing in my HQ they can score/trash.

Sometimes I can make them run more than once, trying to to fish that card I'm apparently so nervous about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Love doing that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Oh yes, a pause in a mouse click would send up red flags.

Oh yes, it can. And you can find mountains of evidence in online poker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gin Teki
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
“And in other news, Haas-Bioroid declined to comment on rumors that a series of attacks against its network hubs may have exposed its latest research in new bioroid technology to harmful tampering.”
–NBN Today

Sounds ominous. More bioroid hate to go along with E3I? Possibly neutral? Or just NBN rubbing it in?

Edit: Or just an example of bad publicity...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SonnyDK wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

But when runner access my HQ I always make sure to look slightly nervous, and breathe a sigh of relief, even if there's nothing in my HQ they can score/trash.

Sometimes I can make them run more than once, trying to to fish that card I'm apparently so nervous about.

I just tell them the exact number of agendas in my hand, plus number of Snare!s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Searlichek wrote:
“And in other news, Haas-Bioroid declined to comment on rumors that a series of attacks against its network hubs may have exposed its latest research in new bioroid technology to harmful tampering.”
–NBN Today

Sounds ominous. More bioroid hate to go along with E3I? Possibly neutral? Or just NBN rubbing it in?

Edit: Or just an example of bad publicity...

Almost certainly in reference to Frame Job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend will tell before I access his HQ:

"Well... 40% chance of snares today."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Kelly
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Is this the real life?
badge
Is it just fantasy?
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
SonnyDK wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

I just tell them the exact number of agendas in my hand, plus number of Snare!s.
Have I got a Celebrity Gift for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.