Popular Tags: [View All]
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
Results have been posted to this thread

This message is intended to announce the upcoming drawing for the weekly GeekGold Lottery hosted by yours truly.

The jackpot of 17.60 was not won on 3/22/06, and rolls into the upcoming drawing's jackpot. Here is you chance to win an even larger pot of ! (we already have several entries so the pot is growing)

Important: please try to tip this message for your entries into the 3/29/06 drawing. This way people will have a decent idea of how much the pot is growing.

A new thread like this one will be opened every week on the day following the drawing. For information about the lottery and previous winners, please see:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/853994#853994

Also, this week a BIG THANK YOU goes to Tom Vasel, who contributed 15 to the pot "just for fun"! Wow!

as of 3/29 at 8:00PM PST

Total Entries --- 64.60
Total Payout ---- 59.90

Jackpot --- 50.50

Secondary Prize Pools
Second 4.70
Third 2.82
Consolation 1.88

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Swedlund
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Weekly GeekGold Lottery - upcoming drawing 3/29/06
Since this thread will be the official entry point for the 3/29/06 drawing, may we have the numbers/games list reprinted here, please?

That way, as these weekly announcement threads show up in the future, the latest list can be kept up to date with the top ten (and, as you hinted elsewhere, maybe involve a different set of games or some other variation).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
esswedl wrote:
Since this thread will be the official entry point for the 3/29/06 drawing, may we have the numbers/games list reprinted here, please?

That way, as these weekly announcement threads show up in the future, the latest list can be kept up to date with the top ten (and, as you hinted elsewhere, maybe involve a different set of games or some other variation).

Erik, you are a much smarter man than I am.

Alright, here you go - to participate in the lottery, you need to pick 4 of the 10 games and 1 of the 5 expansions. Each entry is 1 . You should include your choices (for single or multiple entries) in your tip message, you should tip this thread, and to make your entry you can name the games, the games and their numbers, or just the numbers:

Games

(1) Puerto Rico
(2) Euphrat & Tigris
(3) Caylus
(4) Power Grid
(5) The Princes of Florence
(6) El Grande
(7) Die Macher
(8) Ra
(9) Age of Steam
(10) Wallenstein

Expansions

(E1) A Game of Thrones: Clash of Kings
(E2) Age of Steam #1: England & Ireland
(E3) Power Grid: Italy/France
(E4) RoboRally: Armed & Dangerous
(E5) Memoir 44: Eastern Front

We already have 12 entries this week, in addition to the 17.60 carryover from last week. I am aiming to have a total of 100 entries per drawing eventually, so that there's lots of to go around!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lightning: Couldn't you just tip the current thread whatever's left over from the previous thread? That way the full pot is always visible each week. (I'm assuming you can tip your own threads -- though I've never tried it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Salt-Man Z wrote:
Lightning: Couldn't you just tip the current thread whatever's left over from the previous thread? That way the full pot is always visible each week. (I'm assuming you can tip your own threads -- though I've never tried it.)

Unfortunately, I tried, but couldn't tip myself.

However, I have edited my toppost in the thread with a "current pot value", which I will update at least daily until the drawing.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't these threads be in the PBEM forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
Shouldn't these threads be in the PBEM forum?

I'm not sure. Thing is, if they go to the PBEM forum, then they never get displayed in the front page (or am I wrong?), and right now I'm trying to build up awareness of the existence of the lottery so that it can become a permanent feature on the site. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
3/29/06 Lottery RESULTS
Lottery Results - 3/29/06

Below are the results of the lottery drawing that took place on 3/29/06.

How to read them and how to verify them:

1) The results are a PGP signed message, produced by the dice server.
2) There are more rolls than actually needed. The reason is that in some cases, there will be repeat numbers; therefore, I must roll additional dice to account for that.
3) Therefore, the first four unique results are the main numbers; the number immediately following them, divided by two and rounded up, is the expansion number (1-2 means 1, 3-4 means 2, 5-6 means 3, 7-8 means 4, 9-10 means 5)
4) I am posting the actual results before the dice server message, but you can verify the process in #3 yourself.
5) To verify that the roll has not been modified, copy the entire message (including the header and footer), go to the following link, and paste it for verification: http://www.irony.com/verifyroll.html

Sidenote: I had a scare tonight where whatever I did I could not seem to be able to get results from the server. I think I rolled about 15 times before realizing the problem lied with misbehaving spam filters on my end; I was eventually able to retrieve the email from the original roll. I wonder if anyone has an idea on how to generate the dice results to an email box that (probably using some script) can be posted somewhere and viewed by everyone (not just me)?

So, without further ado, here are the results:

The Winning Games

(3) Caylus
(4) Power Grid
(7) Die Macher
(8) Ra
(E1) A Game of Thrones: Clash of Kings

The Winners

Jackpot - No one! The Jackpot amount, of 50.50 , transfers to next week! (see special promotion below)
Second Prize - No one! 90% of the second prize amount, or 4.23 , is added to the next prize pool.
Third Prize - 5 winners: geosmores, ludesfactor, koehn, yazpah, sinister dexter - each wins 1.41
Consolation - 5 winners: chaddyboy_2000 (twice from two winning entries), esswedl, roman1967, tatsu - each (entry) wins 0.38

Congratulations to the winners!

This was only the second drawing and I am still calibrating things. Therefore, I am announcing a couple of special promotions for next week's drawing. Thank you so much for your participation!

Special Promotion: If you have participated in either drawing and have not won anything yet, you may purchase your first entry for next week's drawing for 0.5

Special Promotion 2: To encourage increased participation, 6 from the rolling jackpot will be allocated evenly across the secondary prize pools, starting them off at 2 each next week.

The dice server message begins below.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

BGG GG Lottery 3/29/06 (formal roll)

bgglot@barakengel.com requested that 1 roll of 12 10-sided dice be rolled.
Roll them bones ... your dice are
Roll 1: 8, 3, 4, 4, 7, 1, 6, 10, 8, 6, 8, 6 = 71.

Mail was sent to you at bgglot@barakengel.com.
(Mail addresses have not been confirmed.)

---
Irony Games' public PGP key is available at http://www.irony.com/verifyroll.html

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.6.3ia
Charset: noconv

iQBVAwUBRCuFEryfeleUG9SNAQHS0QIAsEGUHJmQwnBUUGvNvoBxeOiOoxNqkI1Y
0EeJj8AtJuP59VrTgfXsMGlNaToZzXRjPskDBsa6heEIpSHX7cG+wA==
=RPJl
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.