Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shield Bash: "Block 3. Counts twice against an attack with Swiftness / Block 5. Counts twice against an attack with Swiftness. Blocked enemy gets Armor - 1 for each point of block higher than needed (to a minimum of 1)."

(1) Let's assume, I block an enemy with armor 4 and attack 4 with the strong effect of Shield Bash. To keep the example simple, let's say, this enemy has no special abilities at all, it has only one attack, and it is the only enemy involved in this battle

This would lead to a successful block and the armor of the enemy reduced to 3 (= 4 - (5 - 4)). Fair enough.

What if I play an additional "unnecessary" block card into this same block, for example an arbitrary card played sideways?

Would that count as another point of block higher than needed, leading to another point of armor reduction? Or can only the excess block points of "Shield Bash" itself applied to the special effect?

(2) Same example as above, but the enemy has attack 6 and I use an additional card, which provides block 2.

(a) I get 1 point armor reduction, because overall block value is 7 and attack of the enemy is 6.
(b) I get no armor reduction at all, because the armor reduction special effect of "Shield Bash" refers only to the block points of Shield Bash, and Shield Bashs block points must be "applied first".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
What if I play an additional "unnecessary" block card into this same block, for example an arbitrary card played sideways?

Would that count as another point of block higher than needed, leading to another point of armor reduction? Or can only the excess block points of "Shield Bash" itself applied to the special effect?

Yes. "Unnecessary" and "higher than needed" are, after all, the same thing.

Quote:
(a) I get 1 point armor reduction, because overall block value is 7 and attack of the enemy is 6.

Same answer.

If you follow the sequence in the rulebook (play your block cards, add up the total, compare it to the attack strength) there's really no ambiguity here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Libonati Rocha
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And if I'm fighting against one enemy with more than one attack, like a magic familiar, and block just one of his attacks with stronger effect of shield bash, the armor reduction still applies? Or the block must be well sucessuful to the enemy armor be reduced this way?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
libonati wrote:
And if I'm fighting against one enemy with more than one attack, like a magic familiar, and block just one of his attacks with stronger effect of shield bash, the armor reduction still applies? Or the block must be well sucessuful to the enemy armor be reduced this way?

It just depends on the attack that you're actually blocking. This is no longer "another question", it falls into the previous discussion of Shield Bash.

Re: FAQs on Lost Legion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Libonati Rocha
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the link. I found the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.