it's Timmy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I realize that the movement step is before the exploration step. I was wondering if there is anything preventing you from discarding a blessing to explore your location at the start of your turn before you move, move to another location, and then use your base explore without using a card.

Also could the barbarian lady whose name escapes me use her power to move at the end of her turn and then discard a blessing to explore? We ruled no because she moves at the end of her turn, but I figure some clarification couldn't hurt. Thanks a bunch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've asked the first question before, and the answer was that no, you couldn't do extra explores before your first explore.

I believe the answer to your second question is also no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yarritstimmy wrote:
I realize that the movement step is before the exploration step.

That is what is preventing you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yarritstimmy wrote:

Also could the barbarian lady whose name escapes me...

Amiri of the Six Bears
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's Timmy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mustardayonnaiz wrote:
yarritstimmy wrote:
I realize that the movement step is before the exploration step.

That is what is preventing you.

Well, does that mean you can only use levitate during the movement phase?

"If a card in your hand does not specify when it can be played, you can generally play it at any time, with the exception that during each step of attempting a check, you may only perform specific actions, so your ability to play cards may be limited."

This makes it sound like you could play a blessing or ally before you move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only move for free (without playing a card/power) in the move phase.

Levitate says explictly when it can be played (same with Amiri) and they then let you move at other times.

You can only explore during the explore phase (and only the current character can explore). This was clarified on the Paizo forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you're wondering moving after exploring can be useful if you've just closed a location and want to be at an open location to try and block it off should the villain appear. As a rule of thumb you normally want to try and be at open locations if you can to help block them off or to team up at a location if you have an ability that let's you assist an ally there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Clifford
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiri's ability changes the rule where you can only move at the beginning of your turn, but doesn't change the rule where you can't explore at the end of your turn. Otherwise, it wouldn't be the end of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Trowell
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
What about card like Detect Magic ? As far as I understand, the errata say that you must use it during your turn, but the ability says that you encounter the card, not that it is an explore action, so is there something preventing you fro mcasting this spell before you even move, encounter the card if it is a spell or magic card, and then move and explore elsewhere ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Clifford
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the latest ruling on spells like Detect Magic states that you can do that before you move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.