Shadow Hunters» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on Allie's Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
timothy Mayes
United States
California
flag msg tools
Can she use her ability in response to dying or does she need to use it before taking lethal damage.

Example. I have Allie and have 8 hp and am currently at 6 damage. I am attacked and receive 3 damage. making my dmg 9 and I die. Can I then reveal and go back to 0 damage?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaded Lounges
United States
Vashon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Noli me tangere, Caesaris sum.
mbmbmbmbmb
"When your character dies, you are out of the game." We have always played that if Allie dies it is too late to activate her ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been in a game and had someone try to pull this.

While we let it go because it was his (and most of the players') first game - I would not think this is an appropriate way to play.

Allie should declare herself and heal before the attack dice are rolled, i.e. when someone declares an intention to attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
huh, we've always played that you could. 8 damage can come entirely way too fast for that win condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
In our game you can reveal at the moment the attack is rolled, but you of course heal first, then receive the damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
From my understanding and the way we play, you need to reveal BEFORE anyone decides to attack you.

Say for example Allie is standing on the Graveyard and someone else rolls to move to the same spot. Allie can reveal before that person announces he/ she is attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've also always played that once you're dead it is too late to use your special ability. I always emphasise that point when I teach the game, using both Allie and the Werewolf as examples i.e. the Werewolf can't counter attack if it is killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.