Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The strength spell adds +3 to your checks which use the strength die. Lini's power allows her to use the d10 instead of her strength or dexterity die. The question is, if she is using the d10 instead of her strength die, does the d10 now count as a strength die for the check?

Basically, can she use the power to roll the d10 and also play the strength spell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, she can. Lini rolls a d10, but it is still a strength check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That's how I've been playing. Just making sure that I'm not cheating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, it has been clarified on Paizo that Sajan's non-weapon attack power (you roll the dex die instead of the strength die when you don't use a weapon) also is a strength check, which explains why mighty fists works for him. Which is why I have given him 2 Blessings of Gorums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kysmart wrote:
Btw, it has been clarified on Paizo that Sajan's non-weapon attack power (you roll the dex die instead of the strength die when you don't use a weapon) also is a strength check, which explains why mighty fists works for him. Which is why I have given him 2 Blessings of Gorums.
Annnnnd Sajan's power, which has now been errata'd to be changing the check to a Dexterity check, is also why the fists item was also errata'd to work regardless of the skill being used for combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kysmart wrote:

Sorry, this is completely wrong

Sajan's power CHANGES the check to a DEX check so you need Blessing of Erastil!

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q3h3?Amulet-of-Fists#27

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ostman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man - still Sajan's power huh? Folks - it's a dexterity check. Roll your [x] die means, literally, use that as your skill for the check. Because of this, Fists now works on any unarmed combat regardless of the skill being used for the combat check.

Someday - we will reach a state where everyone knows this. I just hate the fact that so many people who don't know about BGG are likely playing this entirely wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwick VonVeederVeld
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mostman79 wrote:
just hate the fact that so many people who don't know about BGG are likely playing this entirely wrong.

I think about this all the time...with many different games, not just pathfinder....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.