Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple but exciting news. This week we hammered out the final proofs for the Player's Aid, the Playbook and the Rulebook. That means the final components go to the printer
NEXT WEEK!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting to look like October is going to be a civil war Christmas in October for me. First I have a new Don Troiani print of the 19th Indiana at Gettysburg on the way and if all goes well Lincoln's War before month's end.

Saw the cards on kickstarter. Those are fantastic. One thing I have really loved in the past with MMP is the quality of the cards in their games. Shifting Sands which they did a few years back has perhaps the best cards in terms of quality and artwork of any cdg I've played. Can't tell from the picture but if this is the same or similar card stock as Shifting Sands people are going to be very happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian you're pairing up LW with a Troiani print. Wow. that's classy company. Regarding the cards, I have been assured that the cards will be the highest quality and I have no reason to doubt this. I am sure the cards alone will be reason to snap up copies of LW in the future. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poniske wrote:
Brian you're pairing up LW with a Troiani print. Wow. that's classy company. Regarding the cards, I have been assured that the cards will be the highest quality and I have no reason to doubt this. I am sure the cards alone will be reason to snap up copies of LW in the future. cool

This is the new Troiani print. It's the 19th Indiana of the Iron Brigade on McPherson's Ridge on July 1st. The 19th Indiana was under heavy attack and the colors were left unfurled due to the heavy fire which was already taking a heavy toll on the color guard. Sgt. Asa Blanchard basically got mad and decided to unfurl it anyway. He was mortally wounded just seconds later. His unfurling of the flag is the centerpiece of the painting.

No surprise this will be in the same room with my Troiani print of the 24th Michigan of the Iron Brigade. The two paintings depict events that happened simultaneously on McPherson's Ridge very close together as the two regiments were fighting side by side. Seems fitting to have them together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd never heard the story. Fantastic looking print. Iron Brigade hats were featured in several of the lifesize tableaus at the Seminary Ridge Museum. Although I usually do not like manikin displays, these were quite lifelike and truly moving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was sort of hoping for Chuck Connors to be in the painting. In the old TV series The Rifleman his character was suppose to have fought with the 19th Indiana at Gettysburg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I'd never heard that bit of trivia. Used to love watching the Rifleman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.