3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: # of players: "X+" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The word translated to "the sound of a thrown bucket hitting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
For games with no hard upper limit to the number of players (e.g. Yahtzee), sometimes people enter an arbitrary practical limit such as 8 or 10, sometimes the max number is entered as 0. In the latter case, the game page just displays "X", where X is the min number. It should be possible to make it show as "X+" instead (unless someone can think of another reason why the max number might be entered as 0).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
It would seem neat if there were a clear distinguished value (e.g. "infinity" or "no upper limit" or "as many as you like"...) which people could select instead of arbitrarily entering "8" or "10" or "99" or something.

(Hmm, but then how would the "User Suggested # of Players" poll work? I guess realistically it could go up to 10 and then say more than 10 for all the higher numbers, or some similar practically high value.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katherine Boag
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some games specify that they can go up to 12 or 13, it would be nice to see the arbitrary limit placed on games with no limit being higher than these, rather than 8 or 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.