United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not bought into any of the other Wizkids miniatures games and don't even know if the figures ever have interchangeable cards like this game...anyway, the question:

Do you think that there is ever a possibility of buying packages of the upgrade cards including captains, crew cards, and ship upgrades so that these can be obtained separately from the ship miniatures? I can see wanting a lot of card types after I'm pretty satisfied with the miniatures collection. I realize this might be a long shot since the package of ship + cards helps to move the ships...here is to the hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen Star Wars: X-wing get into this sort of card-only expansion yet. However, if you were just playing with friends for fun you could certainly print out & proxy cards. Those wouldn't be allowed in official tournaments, but in most other contexts it would be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This won't happen. I can't think of any manufacturer of this type who would do that or that it would be financially viable.

For your own private games, one copy is enough no matter how many you use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Knight
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked wizkids about this and got a response the same day:

"As for your question, official rules require that players have physical copies of all cards/game components that are part of their fleet build. However, it is up to the store/venue running the event if they would allow proxies such as printed copies for any non-unique card elements. Please speak with the judge/store owner running the event at your local venue."

Basically, they acknowledge that you don't want to spend £12 on 2 cards from a box just to have an extra tractor beam or whatever. Most TOs are fairly cool about this sort of thing so I'd just ask at whatever event you're going to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
The goal is to win; but we play to have fun - Me <-- I said that.
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always buy individual ships or captian's cards.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always but the ship expansions and sell off the ship/cards that you didn't want out of them. Stick a generic 1 captain on there and post it on Ebay, I'm sure people are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.