Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Perikles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Let's try this again. Do I have these alliance rules correct? (PLEASE HELP ME) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I ask these questions, it needs to be said that I am not asking for your input unless you know FOR SURE that you are correct. To be clear, it is impossible to be correct if you are going off of the rulebook alone. There have been a large number of rules clarifications (rule changes) which can be found in the forums.

1. The rules for allies apply to cities, not players, though your cities are essentially always allied with your other cities.

2. Any time your city attacks or defends on the same side as someone else's city, you have to ask their permission. Also, to be the main defender, you have to ask the owner of the city's permission. If you do not receive permission, then you simply must put your units somewhere else, you do not lose them, nor do you lose your turn.

3. Once your city is one the same side of a battle as someone else's city in any circumstance, you are now in alliance with them and cannot attack that city, nor oppose that city's army in any battle, main or otherwise. Simply put, your pieces cannot end up on opposite sides of the battle, nor can you attack their city.

4. When your city ends up on the opposing side of another city, whether your city is main or not, and whether their city is main or not, your city never has the option to ally with that city again this round. Your cities are essentially "at war".

5. Your city is also "at war" with any city that it is attacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flood
United States
Richmond
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not officially "know" anything more than you do, but this sounds like the correct interpretation of the forum responses here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I have just had this game for a long time, and haven't been able to play it because I wasn't sure that I had it right. I recently decided to sort back through the forums and see if I could decipher the truth.

Thanks mucho mucho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.