Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Objects.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Werner DG
United States
California
flag msg tools
I decided to 'explore' the object idea a little further, and I've put together a few of my ideas/tests.
Objects (IMHO) are almost-rare like things that can enhance any hero you have in your hand. So pretty powerful combo's, but with the limitation that you have to identify the 'wielder' of the objects (so minimal 2 cards to be able to use any of them)

First off, to continue the trend of Villain objects, I'll start with these:

- They come from the Villain deck
- They can 'change' the power balance of the Mastermind, and give that 'random' aspect to fights, making it a lot more interesting to go after the Mastermind...
- And even if you 'gain' one and put in your discard pilke, you can still loose it if you have to KO the wielder of the object in a fight

But why would the bad guys have all the fun?

Same principle in the way the object works. The 'catch' here is that you can 'loose' the object if you KO the Hero. So now it's a matter of keeping the Hero in play, in order to continue to use the object...

Gets interesting when the Skrulls get into the picture with Object in HQ waiting to get 'recruited'. Might be interesting idea to have a Skrull 'hi-jack' an object from HQ... arrrh

The way to use these:
- An additional optional thing (like difficulty/action cards)
- You shuffle in the objects that make sense (so only that one for the Mastermind on the Villain side, and only those objects for the Heroes you're using in HQ)

This is not a 'final idea', so comments/remarks/enhancements welcome...
- If there are better pics for some objects/weapons, lemme know
- Ideas for additional objects also welcome

Let the nitpicking begin...

29-SEP-2013: Game text changed / Iron Man one updated
02-OCT-2013: Game text changed for all objects

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wgruyter wrote:
Let the nitpicking begin...

"Unibeam" doesn't actually depict Iron Man's unibeam. It shows his repulsor rays. His unibeam comes from his chest.

The title of "Shield" appears to be misspelled as "she".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
Object < Equipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at this and had a cool idea, what if hero objects were like one-shot items that are always available.

With my way of thinking the rules for them would be:
Setup - Shuffle 2 Hero Objects/hero into the hero deck.
Game-play - When you buy a hero object, place it on the table face up in front of you. This object is available at any time and is not considered a card in your hand. All objects start with the text 'KO this card to active it's power. [text goes here]'

I just think it could be really awesome to have a card that's always available in that way ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Suetens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
All objects start with the text 'KO this card to active it's power. [text goes here]'

The Object of Power cards (Infinity Gems) solve this in a much shorter, cleaner way.

It does exactly what you just described (always available, not in your hand and all) and activates by:

"KO: ", that's all you need...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner DG
United States
California
flag msg tools
Comments/Nits:
- Unibeam: Yeah - You're right, bad title. I'm lazy, and like that pic, so I just changed the title of the card :-)
- She: Not changed - I'll let you google that one ;-)

Object vs Equipment:
- The Tessaract is not really 'equipment', and I dont think it's a good idea to start making too many different types of cards. So I'll just stick with the generic 'Object' card type for now...

Game play change:
- Game text updated - Re-uploaded the Wolverine and the Iron Man one. If this is now OK, I'll make the other ones follow the same model...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.