Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has there ever been any mention of 2nd summoners for the Master Set factions?
Or any mention of others after the Fallen Kingdom and Vanguard 2nds or is that it that we know of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems pretty logical that they will work the second Summoners more or less in the order the original factions came out. I think it is fair to think that second Summoners will be coming for all the existing factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bmwrider wrote:
Has there ever been any mention of 2nd summoners for the Master Set factions?
Or any mention of others after the Fallen Kingdom and Vanguard 2nds or is that it that we know of?
I am fairly certain that, even since before the master set was released, the intention was to design 16 factions with reinforcements and a second summoner for each faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure based on the podcast they are doing all of them, in the order of original release. So I guess jungle elves and cloaks are coming next? I know Jexik is rumored to be the name of a 2nd summoner, possibly for JE? I am also awaiting more info anxiously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I remember, Jexik is supposed to be the Cloaks' second summoner. Maybe that's what you said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see more summoners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are right. Jexik doesnt sound very jungle elvesish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that it will be all of them (assuming demand continues).

Some of the playtesters seem to have alluded to future decks/ second summoners we haven't yet seen, so I suspect for many of the factions the design work may be at a mature stage. Further, from this chatter it appears that at least on unit in a second summoner deck was originally planned for inclusion in the original summoner deck but then got pulled. All of this would suggest an ongoing commitment to provided second summoners for all the factions.

I'd expect the single deck summoners to be completed before the Master set summoners get Second Summoners. (This said I could imagine situations where this might change based on marketing reasoning.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure Colby wants SW to grow and I know there has been mention in the pod casts of plans for future plans, I think I remember someone involved mention being excited.
That has to be good news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.