Subject: Georgian Protectorate unit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Vargas
United States
Palisades Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I believe I found a contradiction in the rules regarding the Georgian Protectorate unit. From the little experience I have with PuG, I doubt a game will ever hinge on this. From the August 2010 rules, pg 6:

Note: It cannot retreat after combat; if forced to do so it is eliminated.

On pg 14, letter f for same unit, it says:

Note: Once placed, this unit may not be moved, except when it retreats after Combat.

Which is it? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
In my version of the living rules, the description of the unit says "Note: It can retreat after combat" on page 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If forced to retreat it is eliminated, like any other movement 0 unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmet Ilpars
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Philip is right.

And for about another confusion about this unit. This unit is still a CP unit. This is important for Supply and SR purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to tack on to this thread, rather than starting a new one on the same topic.

I am reading the rules at the moment and I cannot see any reason why the Turkish player would attack this unit and lose the German support and so why the chit has been created - or is that the idea, that it is just a more elegant way of saying that Turkish units cannot invade Georgia post-Revolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Tim RTC wrote:
I am reading the rules at the moment and I cannot see any reason why the Turkish player would attack this unit and lose the German support and so why the chit has been created - or is that the idea, that it is just a more elegant way of saying that Turkish units cannot invade Georgia post-Revolution.

It might be guarding the VP you need for an autowin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.