Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erich Schneider
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Colonization, the Red politics result (Press Gangs) is meaningless if played without the Colonists module. I was thinking about a general and thematic replacement, and what came to mind was:

COMMAND ECONOMY: Each PRC player turn, they select one Operation that no player (including PRC) may undertake for that set of player turns.

Opinions? It's like the old "no income operations" power, but slightly more flexible (i.e. the Central Committee might want to take income ops that year).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then the Red result is meaningless if played without the PRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Schneider
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At present that's also true for both white results if NASA's not in the game. I think that if a particular player is not in the game, it's not very likely that the disc would move to their color, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden W├╝rtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
erich_schneider wrote:
In Colonization, the Red politics result (Press Gangs) is meaningless if played without the Colonists module. I was thinking about a general and thematic replacement, and what came to mind was:

COMMAND ECONOMY: Each PRC player turn, they select one Operation that no player (including PRC) may undertake for that set of player turns.

Opinions? It's like the old "no income operations" power, but slightly more flexible (i.e. the Central Committee might want to take income ops that year).

This is an interesting and thematic option. I agree that command structures in general can only take away, they cannot add. Keep me updated, if it playtests OK, I will add it to the living rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.