Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Woehlke
msg tools
mb
Here are the tournament rules:

Quote:
Rules:
Players will submit 4 Lists at registration.
A 60 point list
A 90 point list. At least 30 points must be the same as the 60 point list
A 120 point list. At least 50 Points must be the same as the 90 point list
A 150 point list. At least 75 points must be the same as the 120 point list
Tournament Structure will feature Swiss-style pairing, with a number of preliminary rounds and round time as follows:

Round 1, 45 minutes
Round 2, 60 minutes
Round 3, 75 minutes
Round 4, 90 minutes
If 1st Place cannot be determined after 4 rounds, we will cut to the top 4 players for a final round to determine 1st thru 4th place.

I was going to play Rebels but the first round at 60 points seems to favor an Imperial List. At 60 points the rebels can only field 2 ships (or maybe three if I wanted to field something awful). Obviously the Empire can field 5 ties there which is awful meaty against any two ship Rebel build.

I was thinking about fielding Wedge + Push the limit & Blue Sq + Fire Control + proton torps. That's an even 60 points and might have enough muscle to destroy a tie or three on the first pass.

Advice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Nixon
msg tools
mbmbmb
if u were playing torps id put them on wedge. ur B-Wing is also not great on defense so look for ways to improve this over a torp on the first place imo.
PTL + R2 atromech is nice on wedge.
2 rookie x-wings with shield upgrades might also be decent. depends on ur personal taste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
Snarly_Yow wrote:
Here are the tournament rules:

Quote:
Rules:
Players will submit 4 Lists at registration.
A 60 point list
A 90 point list. At least 30 points must be the same as the 60 point list
A 120 point list. At least 50 Points must be the same as the 90 point list
A 150 point list. At least 75 points must be the same as the 120 point list
Tournament Structure will feature Swiss-style pairing, with a number of preliminary rounds and round time as follows:

Round 1, 45 minutes
Round 2, 60 minutes
Round 3, 75 minutes
Round 4, 90 minutes
If 1st Place cannot be determined after 4 rounds, we will cut to the top 4 players for a final round to determine 1st thru 4th place.

I was going to play Rebels but the first round at 60 points seems to favor an Imperial List. At 60 points the rebels can only field 2 ships (or maybe three if I wanted to field something awful). Obviously the Empire can field 5 ties there which is awful meaty against any two ship Rebel build.

I was thinking about fielding Wedge + Push the limit & Blue Sq + Fire Control + proton torps. That's an even 60 points and might have enough muscle to destroy a tie or three on the first pass.

Advice?

I'd go Wedge PTL, Biggs stealth; or Han Solo, Gunner, Chewbacca, MF title PTL

wedge + biggs is the standard stuff, so not much explanations needed there. For Han, just keep using PTL for focus + evade, the bonus evade token every single turn really ensures your survivability, and the focus token lets you retain your offensive edge as well, while serving as a "bonus evade token" should you not need to use it. Anyway, Han doesn't need target lock, so there's that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Woehlke
msg tools
mb
So last night I played two lists, a Wedge/Blue Squadron then an Arvel/Blue Squadron. The first time I played Rebels and the second time my friend played Rebels. Both lists were mightily manhandled by five Ties I'm wondering if there's any Rebel list that can combat 5 Ties @ 60 points.

I'm thinking a Blue Squadron + HLC/Blue Squadron + AutoBlaster might be the way to go. Or perhaps some sort of Dutch/Wedge list. (Of course, I lack a Y-Wing, so there's that.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
Snarly_Yow wrote:
So last night I played two lists, a Wedge/Blue Squadron then an Arvel/Blue Squadron. The first time I played Rebels and the second time my friend played Rebels. Both lists were mightily manhandled by five Ties I'm wondering if there's any Rebel list that can combat 5 Ties @ 60 points.

I'm thinking a Blue Squadron + HLC/Blue Squadron + AutoBlaster might be the way to go. Or perhaps some sort of Dutch/Wedge list. (Of course, I lack a Y-Wing, so there's that.)

against a swarm, it isnt so much what your list is, but how you fly it.

you have to be very patient, and use the slower speed of your ships to stay hidden behind asteroids, and force the TIE swarm to come to you, break their formation trying to maneuver through the asteroids, and eventually they should be funneled into bottlenecks and come at you 1 by 1.

go head on against a swarm with just about any list (that is not a swarm), and chances are you would get eaten alive. Even something like Soontir PTL stealth can get taken out with relative ease when parked in front of a bunch of TIEs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.