Subject: more questions re reinfs, reorganization rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple demob/reloc/reinf questions pop up.

T22 - a Tang regular (not a guerilla) unit (N29) appears with a specific hex - Chowkow (2018). That is well behind Japanese lines. Does it appear there anyway, if Japanese controlled but otherwise vacant?

When a clique is assimilated, are its rebuilt units now placed as if they were Central Army clique units?

Also - I swear that EVERY SINGLE Japanese unit that is supposed to be relocated or reorganized is in a KMT ZOC. Every time. But the OBE says that units in a ZOC can't be involved. This makes my head spin, trying to go thru the various ways of finding substitutes for the relocation or reorganization. Sometimes it is simply not possible, there aren't enough Japanese units on the map and not in ZOCs to satisfy the OBE instructions. So, what to do? When I just now got to turn 23 and saw a bunch of Japanese reorganizations, well I decided to take a break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard To
Hong Kong
Wanchai
n/a
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chowkow is still in KMT control historically on T22. KMT controls the railroad from Chengchow to Shinyang until Operation Ichigo. Of course if it is not in KMT control in your game the unit won't arrive until KMT controls the hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard To
Hong Kong
Wanchai
n/a
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When a clique is assimilated, are its rebuilt units now placed as if they were Central Army clique units?

>>14.2.2 Central Army and assimilated KMT Cliques: Any hex, outside the home territories of any unassimilated cliques, linked to a supply center controlled by the Central Government (i.e., marked with a “white sun” control marker) via friendly/allied railroad or road hexes. No more than three units can be replaced per turn in each territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard To
Hong Kong
Wanchai
n/a
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also - I swear that EVERY SINGLE Japanese unit that is supposed to be relocated or reorganized is in a KMT ZOC. Every time. But the OBE says that units in a ZOC can't be involved. This makes my head spin, trying to go thru the various ways of finding substitutes for the relocation or reorganization. Sometimes it is simply not possible, there aren't enough Japanese units on the map and not in ZOCs to satisfy the OBE instructions. So, what to do? When I just now got to turn 23 and saw a bunch of Japanese reorganizations, well I decided to take a break.

>>You will have more problem if the rules allow player to remove units in enemy ZOC.

Instead of finding a substitute unit to relocate, you may simply deduct equivalent capacity to replace the original unit in the pre-operation phase when required unit is in enemy ZOC. (In a way it gives you 1 more turn to use the unit)

For reorganization however, the process will be postponed til the unit is no longer in enemy ZOC (or is eliminated).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonard wrote:
Chowkow is still in KMT control historically on T22. KMT controls the railroad from Chengchow to Shinyang until Operation Ichigo. Of course if it is not in KMT control in your game the unit won't arrive until KMT controls the hex.

OK. I'm surprised that was still KMT-controlled at that stage!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ma Hongkui
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Leonard wrote:

OK. I'm surprised that was still KMT-controlled at that stage!

A quick Google search shows that Chengchow wasn't captured by the Japanese until April 22, 1944.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard To
Hong Kong
Wanchai
n/a
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The flood in Yellow River diverted Japanese attack along the Chengchow-Hankow Railway historically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Leonard wrote:

>>You will have more problem if the rules allow player to remove units in enemy ZOC.

Instead of finding a substitute unit to relocate, you may simply deduct equivalent capacity to replace the original unit in the pre-operation phase when required unit is in enemy ZOC. (In a way it gives you 1 more turn to use the unit)

For reorganization however, the process will be postponed til the unit is no longer in enemy ZOC (or is eliminated).

re bold text... where is this in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
Leonard wrote:

re bold text... where is this in the rules?

Not in the rules but in Playbook page 49, note 3 "The unit to be [...]. However..."

This should probably be written also in the rulebook.

--------------------------

Proposed errata
14.3 UNIT REORGANISATION AND REMOVAL
See OB KEYS Playbook page 49.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.