Subject: 26.3.2 (no random events) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
The no random event option (26.3.2) has Scorched Earth hitting Changsha on T6. But the Scorched Earth random event in the playbook says it only hits supply centers - which Changsha isn't. Is Changsha supposed to be a supply center? Or is the event description wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard To
Hong Kong
Wanchai
n/a
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you quote where it says Scorched Earth Policy can only hit supply center?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonard wrote:
Can you quote where it says Scorched Earth Policy can only hit supply center?

In the section on random events in the playbook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard To
Hong Kong
Wanchai
n/a
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing this out.

Changsha was a supply center (instead of Hengyang) in an earlier version of the design.

Historically Changsha was the supply center til it was destroyed by scotched earth policy. Then Hengyang becomes the new supply base.

Since the game mechanic does not allow supply center to be built. You can either play Changsha (instead of Hengyang) as the supply center, or destroy Hengyang instead in the "no random events" option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
So the playbook is wrong then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard To
Hong Kong
Wanchai
n/a
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. I answer that already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
As a new player, I'm just wanting to know or curious to understand how many errors like this which appears to be fundamental to game play (i.e. turn sequence) are in the game. I have the current errata, but from all the posts I am seeing there appear to be a lot of unknowns and errors.

From the rules read I have done this appears to be a great game, I am not sure however it is 'finished' or polished perhaps? I hope I am wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are not that many errors. Play is smooth. Core rules are not very complex but need a close read. Many things may happen as this reflects military/strategical complexity.

Turn sequence which need clarification:
- supply check (in regards to flooding event)
- relocation for units in enemy ZOC (if no other equivalent unit is available)

The game has been playtested before questions arose on BGG (I am not a playtester but I have played 2 scenarios successfully).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
That is great to hear Edmond thanks for that.

I think however I shall wait awhile long to let the rest of the kinks out. I dont have the spare time to invest if there end up being significant issues.

I do hope to play the entire campaign at some point as part of a Chronological walk thru of WWII I am attempting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonard wrote:

Changsha was a supply center (instead of Hengyang) in an earlier version of the design.

Historically Changsha was the supply center til it was destroyed by scotched earth policy. Then Hengyang becomes the new supply base.

Since the game mechanic does not allow supply center to be built. You can either play Changsha (instead of Hengyang) as the supply center, or destroy Hengyang instead in the "no random events" option.

Could a new rule be introduced: with "scorthed earth" policy, KMT may destroy a supply center and relocate it in a close Major city or City ("close" would be 5,10 or more hexes from original supply center).
Changsha and not Hengyang starts as a supply center.
"Supply centers" and "Supply centers destroyed" markers would be needed.

EDIT: markers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard To
Hong Kong
Wanchai
n/a
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
8 years is a very long time in war and many things can change, e.g. Hengyang has 10 times the population in 1944 than it has in 1937.

We already allow removal of railroad, change of river course, extension of river route. To allow supply center to be moved we will have to allow supply center to be built as well. I don't think it is a very practical solution (what if the KMT player keep destroying and relocating each and every one of its supply centers?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would, in fact, limit the option for the KMT to relocate one supply center per "scorthed earth" event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard To
Hong Kong
Wanchai
n/a
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That would have defeated the effect of the event.

What about on a roll of 1-3, the supply center can be relocated to a city in the same province (in the event of scorched earth).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Historically, did the KMT destroy many supply centers but rebuild a few only ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard To
Hong Kong
Wanchai
n/a
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They are listed in the "No random event" section. So basically only Changsha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.